Help-I think my brain farted-KO count

so my pea sized brain has failed me again. I wriggled around in bed for 3 hours last night trying to figure out where my reasoning failed. I am working on the ko preferred count using the $40 software they sell on their site- called training camp

My IRC is adjusted to zero so my I start raising my bet at 16 and the ramp reaches its height at rc 24. All of my deviations occur at 24 except 16v10 which happens earlier at the key count. This is right? Lord help me if it isnt.

What Im confused with is this. If you count down a deck of cards the rc will be+4-right? So pretend you have 6 decks of brand new, unshuffled cards in a shoe. After you deal 4 decks out your running count would be 16. Now you increase your wager but there are only two brand new decks with all 52 cards in each- no advantage. If you dealt out 5 decks the rc would be 20 with 1 complete deck left. But you have a big bet out. Y is this?

So with 4 decks out shouldnt a rc of 16 mean an average advantage remains (tc=0) and with 5 decks out your advantage is 0% if rc =20 and yet your betting big at this stage even at rc=16.

One more thing - this software is confusing me. There is a section called playing strategy which shows BS for the rules you input. I put in 6 deck, das and the chart they generate says hit 44 v5,6 (no split) / stay on ace7 v 2 / hit 22 v3. Then I get an error when i hit my 44 v 5. I dont get an error when I hit my 22 v 3. Im supposed to split?

The chart is telling me to do the wrong things but still giving me errors when I do what they say. Why wouldnt the chart they generate be accurate?
Im so confused. Im supposed to split double and split on above mentioned scenerios right?

LOL- thx 4 help, I appreciate it.

Canceler

Damn good question!

I Like Boobs said:
What Im confused with is this. If you count down a deck of cards the rc will be+4-right? So pretend you have 6 decks of brand new, unshuffled cards in a shoe. After you deal 4 decks out your running count would be 16. Now you increase your wager but there are only two brand new decks with all 52 cards in each- no advantage. If you dealt out 5 decks the rc would be 20 with 1 complete deck left. But you have a big bet out. Y is this?
You know, I've wondered that myself. I use KO, and I know it works, but still...

The following is a complete guess on my part. Assuming 6 decks, and an IRC of zero, since that's the way you asked the question...

I think an underlying assumption of KO must be that there is a certain standard amount of penetration, like maybe 75%. So, if you reach +16 before the cut card, then you do have an advantage. What I've noticed with sims is that if you have deep penetration, like 90%, you don't get the advantage until about +18, or so. I'm guessing the reason might have something to do with this.

Maybe someone who knows more about these things will be able to answer this!