Hi-Lo vs Hi-Lo Lite

Pwn

As some of you are aware I am reading BlackBelt in BlackJack by Arnold Snyder - I am almost finished with it but I have a question about Hi-Lo vs Hi-Lo Lite --- Basically you use a " True Edge Count " as opposed to a " True Count " ..... The " True Edge Count " is simply taking your running count and making it a numerator while multiplying the number of decks left for your denominator For example - You have a running count of +16 and have 2 decks left ---- Sooooo your Numerator would be 16 and your Denominator would be 4 which would = 4% because 4x4 = 16 .... Now! Unlike Red Seven your pivot is at -1/2% with Hi-Lo Lite and for Red Seven it is a +1/2 --- Now a " True Edge " of 4 in the Hi-Lo Lite system would actually convert into 3.5%..... Right?

Ok now with the above being said is the Hi-Lo Lite using " True Edge " actually better then the regular Hi-Lo system using " True Count " -----

I mean of course it is easier but the one actually telling me these things is the same person who invented it lol .... Just being a little skeptical and what to hear some honest open thoughts

Thanks,

Pwn

********Oh btw I did search this but this is all I found http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=6647&highlight=Hi-Lo+Lite ( No one answered it lol - Hope I have better luck )

Pwn said:
Ok now with the above being said is the Hi-Lo Lite using " True Edge " actually better then the regular Hi-Lo system using " True Count " -----
HLLite is slightly flawed only by its 1/2D-based TC -
HL w/1D-based TC is better and you are still free to heavily round the indices. See ZGI. zg

Last edited:

Pwn

zengrifter said:
HLLite is slightly flawed only by its 1/2D-based TC - HL w/1D-based TC is better and you are still free to heavily round the indices. See ZGI. zg
Nice - So what you are saying is if you play in shoe games it makes no difference, just in 1-2D games.... Right?

Thanks,

Pwn

Pwn said:
Nice - So what you are saying is if you play in shoe games it makes no difference, just in 1-2D games.... Right?
No, I'm not. Extreme rounding of the indices makes no difference in either.
But Snyder's version HLL is flawed because the 1/2D-based TC lacks sufficient resolution for accurate betting. zg

rukus

zengrifter said:
No, I'm not. Extreme rounding of the indices makes no difference in either.
But Snyder's version HLL is flawed because the 1/2D-based TC lacks sufficient resolution for accurate betting. zg
i think he is confusing your "1/2D-based TC" statement with 1D or 2D games... not sure he is clear on calculation of TC.

Pwn

rukus said:
i think he is confusing your "1/2D-based TC" statement with 1D or 2D games... not sure he is clear on calculation of TC.
Yea I am confusing 1/2D with 1-2 Decks lol ---- What are you guys talking about? So should I just stick with regular Hi-Lo?

Pwn