Hockey

I've been tracking this fellow for a bit. Kind of a nitengale system.
He's up $700.00 after 7 rounds. But I'll start here from scratch.
Wensday round1/game1
Colorado@Vancouver Under 5.5 1unit

Thunder

Luv, did you by any chance mean martingale? Martingale is the system where you double your bet after every loss. Nightingale , is probably a reference to Florence Nightingale, a famouse nurse among other things. If he tells you he's up using that system, just give him several weeks and he'll likely be broke. Also, do you use the spread or money line for those hockey games?

yes

I meant martingale, I was at work ordering parts and typing at the same time, lol. I'm aware of the disasters of chase systems when used in BJ, with 52-54% odds at most, using perfect play, and bet spreading. It's a losing system. But this is where you guys that have experience with the whole wager thing can tell me I'm wrong. I am thinking that if someones picks are at a 65-75% winner rate, you can't fall that far behind before you hit another winner. As in BJ, you can go 6-10 hands losing and pushing, and without deeeep pockets, your toast. If someone loses 6-10 wagers in a row, well I think you should'nt be using his picks frankly.
I tracked this guys plays for 12 games, in 8 rounds, and he's never had more than 2 losses in a row. $100.00 bets, he's up $800.00. He's hitting more like 66%, that part I realized after going over all of his plays, not as thrilled as I was before.
I have seen him use O/U's, .5 point spreads, and regulation time only, on a couple of his plays. I have just used O/U's, moneylines, and final totals, and actually picked up 2 extra wins, where he showed a loss, lol.
I'm sure there are horror storys out there using chase systems. But if your ROR/BR and betting proportions are in realistic means, you should be able to go 5 or 6 deep without an issue. So in reality, you just lose profits for those 5 or 6 POD's, and end up with profit for 1 pick. I'm open for faults in this type of system for wagering.

I seen people lose at least 10 games in a row many times. My personal best was 16 out of 20 loses. It is going to happen to everyone sooner or later. Don't let no one tell you that it don't happen if they do they are a liar. If you have a bankroll of infinity it's great and you have someone to take that bet it will work. Don't just keep doubleing up it's a sure way to turn a 100 dollar loss for the weekend into 800 after 4 games. Stick to your game plan.

Thunder

As glovesetc loves to preach. Discipline :p While your friend may do well for some time if he's picking that well, eventually he's going to lose 7, 8, 9 in a row. It's just not worth the risk as you never know when that losing streak could start. You're better off playing it safe and winning gradually rather than going for the big score all at once.

Thursday

I do not see it as the big score if betting scale is appropriate, If I am using $10.00 bets I can go pretty deep into a bad run and come out.(I just don't see 16 bad picks in a row, lol) This fellow I have been tracking is using a $5000.00 BR, + the $900.00 he is up so far. I see using 10.00 bets as dink an do money with a slow but hopefully steady increase. If picks stay 66% possible extra $50.00 a week. Keep larger wagers for Gloves restraint plays.
Wendsday=win System +1unit
Thursday Round 2/game 1
DETROIT -.5 @ tampa regulation time only for 1 unit
(my thug bookie does'nt play points with pucks, I am moneylining Detroit)

Friday

Thursday = win System +2 units
Friday Round 3 / game 1
New Jersey @ WASHINGTON -0.5 regulation time only for 1unit
I will moneyline through shootout

luvMY$$$ said:
I do not see it as the big score if betting scale is appropriate, If I am using $10.00 bets I can go pretty deep into a bad run and come out.(I just don't see 16 bad picks in a row, lol) This fellow I have been tracking is using a $5000.00 BR, + the $900.00 he is up so far. I see using 10.00 bets as dink an do money with a slow but hopefully steady increase. If picks stay 66% possible extra $50.00 a week. Keep larger wagers for Gloves restraint plays.
Wendsday=win System +1unit
Thursday Round 2/game 1
DETROIT -.5 @ tampa regulation time only for 1 unit
(my thug bookie does'nt play points with pucks, I am moneylining Detroit)

50 cents. Keeping playing these. Play 4 games and win 3/75% @ 100 a game and win $50 bucks. Go 50% (4 Games) @ 100 a game and lose a 100. Great deal. Sounds like a sure thing if you can go 100%. They money line at these prices will surely grind you up. Better get over to the other side fast for safety of your bankroll.

glovesetc

I agree with InPlay

It will grind you up as fast as a sausage machine at Bob Evans Foods processing plant . I never liked hockey reminded me of paint drying or dead people fornicating . Guess it would depend on how you piled up the dead people where the most action would be . It is a lot like soccer with the same result - great goalies and not many points . My girlfriend loves hockey for some odd reason and marathons { think she just likes to look at the guys packages }! That is why there is different sports though . Everyone likes different things .

:):grin:;):rolleyes::laugh::eek::cool::cool2:

? who watches ?

I don't like lengthy posts so I will try to keep it short. I hav'nt watched a hockey game since my cub scout troop 494 went on a outing. Any intentions to watch a hockey game, not really. Would I like a chance to make some small consistant profits, absollutely. Like I have said earlier, this guy is smoking with his picks. I started shortly before I posted this thread. Using his picks, I have had 7 wins out of 8.
Inplay I use a brotha from anotha as a book and I actually gain an edge in this situation. He does'nt run numbers or vidge/juice whatever you wanna call it for hockey cause he does'nt take hockey action in the hood. He just + OR - 0.5 for teams accordinally. Well that does'nt do squat to a hockey score. So a 20.00 bet is a 20.00 bet.
If you check actual spreads and juice or vidge on hockey games you will find your numbers are askew. If you play the right spreads, and game situations, you will not run into the % problems you posted.
I really think you guys are hung up on the whole martingale thing, look outside the box. Martingale is BAD in unprofitible % situations, but if your win % is in a much higher range, your risk of ruin becomes almost non exsistent.
Inplay if you really have lost 16 in a row, do yourself a favor, turn off your computer, grab your checkbook, and write me a fat one. Because I'm not picking teams based on how cute the uniforms look.
Thought there might be a little bit of interest with a different angle using hockey, the numbers are actually easier to run with better %'s than some other areas I have been tracking. I'll stop posting and just PM the other individual thats comparing numbers also. Good luck, and it's ok to peak outside the box every now and then, you just don't have to step on it.

luvMY$$$ said:
I don't like lengthy posts so I will try to keep it short. I hav'nt watched a hockey game since my cub scout troop 494 went on a outing. Any intentions to watch a hockey game, not really. Would I like a chance to make some small consistant profits, absollutely. Like I have said earlier, this guy is smoking with his picks. I started shortly before I posted this thread. Using his picks, I have had 7 wins out of 8.
Inplay I use a brotha from anotha as a book and I actually gain an edge in this situation. He does'nt run numbers or vidge/juice whatever you wanna call it for hockey cause he does'nt take hockey action in the hood. He just + OR - 0.5 for teams accordinally. Well that does'nt do squat to a hockey score. So a 20.00 bet is a 20.00 bet.
If you check actual spreads and juice or vidge on hockey games you will find your numbers are askew. If you play the right spreads, and game situations, you will not run into the % problems you posted.
I really think you guys are hung up on the whole martingale thing, look outside the box. Martingale is BAD in unprofitible % situations, but if your win % is in a much higher range, your risk of ruin becomes almost non exsistent.
Inplay if you really have lost 16 in a row, do yourself a favor, turn off your computer, grab your checkbook, and write me a fat one. Because I'm not picking teams based on how cute the uniforms look.
Thought there might be a little bit of interest with a different angle using hockey, the numbers are actually easier to run with better %'s than some other areas I have been tracking. I'll stop posting and just PM the other individual thats comparing numbers also. Good luck, and it's ok to peak outside the box every now and then, you just don't have to step on it.
I did not say 16 in a row I said 16 out of 20. You are not even wet behind the ears believe me it happens to all. It will happen to you. I probally was betting sports before you were born. I was quite succesful at it. I have been on both sides of the fence bettor and bookmaker so I have seen it all. Nobody was trying to step on your box just trying to give you some solid advice all for free. I have no idea of what you are betting but betting favorites (MONEYLINE) is a sure way to the poor house. The risk and reward not worth it.

luvMY$$$ said:
Fridays play = win total +8units
8-1-0
Inplay, I am going to give that Boccu recipe thing a try, looks scrumpious.
Not a problem I was just trying to offer you advice. Good luck and I hope you knock them dead. Hope you enjoy the Boccu.

glovesetc said:
I never play the money line buddy . Never liked it and I think it is a waste of time .

:):grin:;):rolleyes::laugh::eek::cool::cool2:

Money lines are great as long as you are getting odds. You want to be getting more then even money. Case in point you liked the Jets the money line was +130.

different approach

I believe Gloves took the points. But I had Jets +125, I also grabbed a nice one couple weeks back, Sun or monday night game with +115, would have to check my records.
I understand Gloves concept and approach with his comments about moneylines, and his dislike for them, duelly noted, with respect.
Also your own comments Inplay, I'm just looking for other angles. I have always looked for other angles in my conquest to make extra monies without big government dipping in and taxing the poop out of my efforts.
The plays I have been posting for Hockey have been -110 to -114, if played the way my fellow posts them. I could take this approach further in detail but I think is it falling on deaf ears. No biggy, as personal gains is all I am looking for, not praise from others. I enjoy the friendly banter, as it never gets out of hand like other forums. The quality of personal views are top notch around here. Thanks all, good luck this weekend. I don't know why, but I still have a craving for Bucco, lol.

luvMY$$$ said:
I believe Gloves took the points. But I had Jets +125, I also grabbed a nice one couple weeks back, Sun or monday night game with +115, would have to check my records.
I understand Gloves concept and approach with his comments about moneylines, and his dislike for them, duelly noted, with respect.
Also your own comments Inplay, I'm just looking for other angles. I have always looked for other angles in my conquest to make extra monies without big government dipping in and taxing the poop out of my efforts.
The plays I have been posting for Hockey have been -110 to -114, if played the way my fellow posts them. I could take this approach further in detail but I think is it falling on deaf ears. No biggy, as personal gains is all I am looking for, not praise from others. I enjoy the friendly banter, as it never gets out of hand like other forums. The quality of personal views are top notch around here. Thanks all, good luck this weekend. I don't know why, but I still have a craving for Bucco, lol.
If you are looking for an angle to make extra money on your betting it's the money line. Case in point if you bet a parlay 2 team payoff is $260.00 for a hundred dollar bet. If you took the same 2 teams which were 3 point dogs/+125 and bet them on the moneyline parlay your payoff is $406.25. A $146.25 difference. It never hurts to go there and look. If you look at NFL scores don't know about this year but I do know from previous years that the spread does not come into play very much.