How do you count 2 tables at once?

21forme

Please be specific. Do you wait until all cards are played at a table and then count, or do it incrementally? If incremental, how do you remember where you left off? How about when one or more players shift their position and you lose visibility? Etc. What about missing a BJ on one table (which is paid and snatched off the table quickly) while watching the other?

Inquring minds want to know. Thanks!

Sonny

I just use the same techniques as counting a single table. I’ll wait until all of the hands are dealt then I’ll scan the table to get the count. Then I’ll add the player's hit cards as they come, then the dealer’s hit cards. Most average players are so slow that there will be “down time” when you are waiting for something to happen at both tables. You also have plenty of time to watch another table (or the waitresses!) while the dealer is making the payoffs, waiting for the next round of bets and dealing the next hand.

Finding a spot where both tables are visible is often a problem. Sometimes it only takes one player to block your view of all the cards. In that case I’ll take a step closer to find a spot where I can restore my vision even if it’s only to quickly scan the table after the deal. If I’m having a lot of trouble seeing I’ll just give up the worse table and focus on the table with the better count. I may even abandon both tables if things don’t improve fairly quickly.

-Sonny-

jimbiggs

This is not easy and I am not good at it, but I have counted two tables a few times for the first five or six rounds until one table has a higher count than the other. I keep my arms folded across my chest which keeps my fingers out of sight. Then I keep track of the running count on my fingers. Left hand for left table, right hand for right table. Seems easiest to count as the cards come out, but with two tables it is difficult. If somebody busts while I'm not looking, I just assume that they probably had two big cards and one small one and count it as -1. Try to take advantage of pauses in the game, like when the dealer busts and has to pay everybody. Or if the dealer has a small card, then nobody following back strategy should bust. Use that time to watch the other table until the game pauses.

Good luck.

PokerJunky

I tried counting two tables and it was a bit difficult for me. It was very crowded and I kept getting blocked w/ people watching the tables. The main problem is when both tables were getting cards delt at the same time and people were taking their hits I might have missed the hit card if both done simo.

I'm interested in hearing other people techniques. Sonny's was very helpful.