How Long Are Your Sessions?

callipygian

kewljason said:
would it seem suspicious to buy more chips at this point to place a larger wager??
No, ploppies do it all the time.

As a matter of fact, I stole this technique from someone I thought was a backcounter. I was playing at a high count when someone jumped in, slamming down $10 on the felt and declaring "money plays" (this is back when cash bets were allowed). He lost the hand and the count went up, and he pulled out a $20 and made a cash bet; he lost that but the count went up again, and pulled out two $20's and made two $20 cash bets. At this point, I was betting my max (2 x $10, don't laugh, I was poor); I won both hands and he lost both, and the cut card came out. I silently cursed him because I probably could have squeezed in 3 more hands at those high counts had he not jumped in.

As an epilogue, the guy totally wasn't a backcounter at all, just a degenerate gambler. I cashed out but he reached into his pocket and started basically emptying it for the first hand of the next shoe. He had this whole assortment of crumpled $5's and $10's that he was pushing all-in for (presumably) his Blaze of Glory. But as I walked off, I thought that, if he were Wonging in, that would have been a great ploy.

While cash betting was allowed, I abused that system like crazy; I would cash my chips in $5's and $10's (and $20's when I finally got the balls to put my first green chip down :laugh: ) at the cage so I could keep a bunch of bills in my pocket and just play cash bets all the time, doubling if the count went up (Martingale or letting my winnings ride) and walking away when the count went down. RIP cash betting :sad:.

kewljason

greay story Callipygian. I guess the playing for cash days were way b4 my time. But it accures to me a side benefit to buying in for only a few units initially is pissing off the ploppies, who think that your jumping in for a few hands will disrupt the flow. It usually takes me a few minutes until I double a soft 19 vs dealer 5 or stand on my 16 vs 10 in plus count before I manage to piss them off. This will be much quicker. :laugh: