How many times a week should I go to this gold mine?

Where I live There is two double deck quarter games hit soft 17, double any two, split 3 times, and the best part is 95% penetration :devil:

I've mastered wong's halves for this game but not sure if this is the best system to use.

I use hilo for the 6 deck games which are about 80 - 90% penetration with the same rules except double deck is no mid shoe entry.

I play rated every time but I always try to talk to the pit bosses. The area I live in I suspect they know very little about counting, I even got a free drink

Any advice on how often I should go per week and what system to use for double deck?

Last edited:

blackjackomaha

IMO - You should go as often as possible. If you plan on hitting this same store repetitively, it will help to know the dealer & PB/Floorman's shift rotations and schedules. You will be able to schedule your play accordingly and avoid creating patterns.

Also, your longevity will be affected by your cover more than how often you go.

As for systems? I switched to Zen when I began playing mainly DD. However, other techniques can allow you to have even larger advantages.

Craps Master

Dealer/Counter/ said:
Where I live There is two double deck quarter games hit soft 17, double any two, split 3 times, and the best part is 95% penetration :devil:

I've mastered wong's halves for this game but not sure if this is the best system to use.

I use hilo for the 6 deck games which are about 80% penetration with the same rules except double deck is no mid shoe entry.

I play rated every time but I always try to talk to the pit bosses. The area I live in I suspect they know very little about counting, I even got a free drink

Any advice on how often I should go per week and what system to use for double deck?
You should not have wasted time posting this. You also should not be reading this response. You should be playing right now.

I have figured out the schedule and rotation times, I just want to keep this store as long as possible and without getting any heat.

I use wongs halves but it's not as easy as hilo to count

any other system thats better for this double deck game?

Blackjackomaha message me back, team play?

Craps Master

Dealer/Counter/ said:
I have figured out the schedule and rotation times, I just want to keep this store as long as possible and without getting any heat.

The time you're wasting hemming and hawing over which count to use is time you could be spending at the table playing right now. Which do you think generates more EV, talking about a count or going out and applying a count in a dream game like the one you described? That game won't be around forever. It probably won't be around very long at all, because some other counter is going to find it and play it with the intention of winning the maximum.

lol don't worry man I'm in class right now and I plan on going right after class, I just want to find the best system to use to maximize my gains. I'm filipino but i look really asian so I guess I could get away with a bigger spread.

how big a spread is too much. This is probably the best double deck game in the country!

I dont want to get barred

Craps Master

Dealer/Counter/ said:
probably 10 thousand

but do you think wong's halves is good for this game?
You might gain 0.2% - 0.3% over Hi-Lo, if you are using full indices. If you're using less than full indices, say I18 + F4, then the difference goes to something more like 0.1%. If you are not going to use full indices, Zen is probably better than Wong Halves for this game.

Basically, I would just pound this with Hi-Lo (you already know it) and not waste time on learning a different count while this opportunity sitting there, because it really isn't going to last. What you should be more concerned with is how to win more than $10,000 without getting barred and without employing camouflage. Either count will get you to $10,000 in this game, but your goal should be to win more and to win it as fast as possible. Figure out how to accomplish that. Perhaps playing the 6-deck will let you win more?

Craps Master said:
You might gain 0.2% - 0.3% over Hi-Lo, if you are using full indices. If you're using less than full indices, say I18 + F4, then the difference goes to something more like 0.1%. If you are not going to use full indices, Zen is probably better than Wong Halves for this game.

Basically, I would just pound this with Hi-Lo (you already know it) and not waste time on learning a different count while this opportunity sitting there, because it really isn't going to last. What you should be more concerned with is how to win more than $10,000 without getting barred and without employing camouflage. Either count will get you to $10,000 in this game, but your goal should be to win more and to win it as fast as possible. Figure out how to accomplish that. Perhaps playing the 6-deck will let you win more?
I can learn and switch to zen pretty fast the shoe games are usually almost always full, I play them when double deck is full.
I got away spreading from 1 unit to 8 units easily, I even ask the pit boss to cut it for me for "good luck"

My girlfriend comes with me so when the count tanks, i use cover plays like " i'm going to craps to check on how my girl's doing"

so let me know now, stick with wongs halves or go to zen? And you said hilo even for dd? I try to use an advanced system so the pit boss or surveillence can't count down with me

johndoe

Dealer/Counter/ said:
My girlfriend comes with me so when the count tanks, i use cover plays like " i'm going to craps to check on how my girl's doing"

so let me know now, stick with wongs halves or go to zen? And you said hilo even for dd? I try to use an advanced system so the pit boss or surveillence can't count down with me
If the game is as good as you say it is, don't bother wonging out when the count tanks, at least for any significant length of time. It's only DD anyway; the shuffle will happen soon enough.

As for systems, it makes a marginal difference here. Just use whatever you know you can do completely accurately, learn your indicies, and hammer away.

As you've surmised the key here is to keep the conditions good. Play the asian gambler, don't go too crazy, and watch out for pros that may find it. You can probably do much better than $10k overall if the place isn't too tiny.

revrac

Dealer/Counter/ said:
I can learn and switch to zen pretty fast the shoe games are usually almost always full, I play them when double deck is full.
I got away spreading from 1 unit to 8 units easily, I even ask the pit boss to cut it for me for "good luck"

Whether you use and advanced system or not will not help with the pit boss counting down with you. All counting systems have one thing in common, bigger bets when count is high, whether or not your using hi-lo or zen when the count calls for it both will have you betting a larger amount. As others have noted though, hi-lo is more than enough to beat this game if played correctly. If you wanted the best all around system though pick up Zen, you can use it on shoes and pitch games and no need to switch counts. Good luck!

revrac said:
Whether you use and advanced system or not will not help with the pit boss counting down with you. All counting systems have one thing in common, bigger bets when count is high, whether or not your using hi-lo or zen when the count calls for it both will have you betting a larger amount. As others have noted though, hi-lo is more than enough to beat this game if played correctly. If you wanted the best all around system though pick up Zen, you can use it on shoes and pitch games and no need to switch counts. Good luck!

Yeah that's true, ok then I will learn zen. but my mind is already drilled in wongs :(

Last edited:

psyduck

Dealer/Counter/ said:

Wong half count improves BC over HiLo by ~2%, PE by ~4%, but also suffers ~4% lower IC. If you have a simulator, you can tweak the Wong half tags. You can get your own half count that is simpler, but delivers the same BC as HiLo, 11% higher PE, and 4% higher IC over HiLo.

Last edited:

revrac

if you already know a system and have it down, i'd just use it. The gain won't be enough to matter unless you count for a living.

seriously

Halves is one of if not the strongest count.
If a player knows it then he should use it.
Once one is using a higher level count to bounce around from counts is just wasting time.
Go play

If you were using hi Lo and were considering halves or Zen, my advice would be to go play!