How weird

Red

yesiamred said:
AM,
Do you think this remark went unnoticed? Well it did not…I will think of you as I am laughing all the way to the bank because my math calculations allowed me to empty the chip tray...tehe
:grin:
Come to think of it I saw just such a situation recently, 3 women, having a ball and a very loud time at the tables, nice looking females too:)

Anyhow- I watched them on and off for about the 4 hours they were playing and I thought, great that they are having a fun, fun time,,,,it was when they were leaving to color up that I came in for a shock, a total of $3,200 was paid out,,,that really caught my attention:cool:

Maybe you and the gals from the site,,Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?:grin:

CP

mica

Joke....:)

yesiamred said:
AM,
Do you think this remark went unnoticed? Well it did not…I will think of you as I am laughing all the way to the bank because my math calculations allowed me to empty the chip tray...tehe
:grin:
Red...

One of my first posts on this site was asking men for advice on how to deal w men at the table who condescendingly and consistently added my cards for me...I got lots of good advice..

I'm confident that AM's remark was written with a smile and good intentions....I was not offended at all!

In most situations...I want to be treated as an equal....however...I have concluded (partially due to the responses I got here) that being thought of as a silly and/or not too bright female is a advantage at the BJ table.

With one exception, the men on this site have generously shared their knowledge and expertise! I actually feel a little honored that they are getting comfortable enough to tease me like they tease each other!

Happy cards to all!
mica

psyduck

The notion that men are smarter than women has no base. In the old days, men might appear smarter simply because more men had access to education. In the US, the number of women with college and higher degrees has passed that of men. An interesting book was published with a title of "the end of men" (sorry guys).

If more women were in power, the world may not have been such a mess.

Billy C1

Have "Gun"------Will Travel

CP,
I'm disappointed and surprised that you haven't thought about your old friend BillyC1 when needing help with this kind of a "problem".
I'm never to far away to help a friend in need!

BillyC1

mica said:
Red...

One of my first posts on this site was asking men for advice on how to deal w men at the table who condescendingly and consistently added my cards for me...I got lots of good advice..

I'm confident that AM's remark was written with a smile and good intentions....I was not offended at all!

In most situations...I want to be treated as an equal....however...I have concluded (partially due to the responses I got here) that being thought of as a silly and/or not too bright female is a advantage at the BJ table.

With one exception, the men on this site have generously shared their knowledge and expertise! I actually feel a little honored that they are getting comfortable enough to tease me like they tease each other!

Happy cards to all!
mica
Yes of course, that was totally (>99%?) intended as a joke.

But even if you weren't good at math, that wouldn't mean you are not a good AP. There are plenty of skilled players who don't do their own numbers. The advantage of doing the math is you get to play advantage opportunities before anyone else does and without having to share.

Boys and girls really are different and if you were a lot better at the subjective skills of AP than the objective ones, that would be nothing to be ashamed of. Just like guys who are great at analysis but who have trouble with the necessary interpersonal interactions at the table have nothing to be ashamed of.

Billy C

Billy C1 said:
CP,
I'm disappointed and surprised that you haven't thought about your old friend BillyC1 when needing help with this kind of a "problem".
I'm never to far away to help a friend in need!

BillyC1
I thought of you Billy,,,but I did not want to strike fear into her heart when she first encountered your extremely large, and protruding and very, very noticable...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Moustache!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

CP

kewljason

Automatic Monkey said:

But even if you weren't good at math, that wouldn't mean you are not a good AP. There are plenty of skilled players who don't do their own numbers. The advantage of doing the math is you get to play advantage opportunities before anyone else does and without having to share.

Boys and girls really are different and if you were a lot better at the subjective skills of AP than the objective ones, that would be nothing to be ashamed of. Just like guys who are great at analysis but who have trouble with the necessary interpersonal interactions at the table have nothing to be ashamed of.
Some great points by AutoMonk as usual. I am not a math wiz. I am ok at math. I would say above average in the general population, but far below the average of the members on this site and yet i do OK in this field (at least by my standards). I am not trying to re-invent the wheel. I am more than happy to use the wheel that other smarter folks before me invented. :eek: But yet still in awe of folks like our AutoMonk, who can look at a game for the first time and quickly figure out the best plan of attack and how to beat it. I just try to keep my ears open and soak up a little of the overflow. :)

kewljason said:
Some great points by AutoMonk as usual. I am not a math wiz. I am ok at math. I would say above average in the general population, but far below the average of the members on this site and yet i do OK in this field (at least by my standards). I am not trying to re-invent the wheel. I am more than happy to use the wheel that other smarter folks before me invented. :eek: But yet still in awe of folks like our AutoMonk, who can look at a game for the first time and quickly figure out the best plan of attack and how to beat it. I just try to keep my ears open and soak up a little of the overflow. :)
Exactly. All you need to do is buy a book. How many of the people who use the work in the Beyond Counting books would be capable of doing the statistical analyses of all those games? Some, I'm sure, but I'd rather use the book and save my computer time for the games and opportunities that the book missed. You can get a Wong book, a Snyder book, and a Schlesinger book and have all the math you need for very effective card counting.

mica

Best book?

If u could only have one BJ/counting/AP book....what would it be?

I have a few but still looking for the best. "professional BJ" by Wong has tons if useful tables and indexes...but isn't easy reading. On the other hand....Play Like a Pro" is too elementary ....

Suggestions? I would especially like a title i could download on my Kindle...but quality is more important than availability.

Thx

mica said:
If u could only have one BJ/counting/AP book....what would it be?

I have a few but still looking for the best. "professional BJ" by Wong has tons if useful tables and indexes...but isn't easy reading. On the other hand....Play Like a Pro" is too elementary ....

Suggestions? I would especially like a title i could download on my Kindle...but quality is more important than availability.

Thx
How about Norm Wattenberger's Modern Blackjack?

http://www.qfit.com/book/blackjackbook.htm

kewljason

Modern Blackjack really is an excellent reference. Prior to Modern Blackjack, I always counted BJA3 as my most valued reference among my blackjack library, and I still think very highly of it and refer to it often. But Modern Blackjack is right there with it IMO. MB covers everything about counting. It is an easy read, not too technical, yet covers and explains the math in a way that is easily understood, has many charts and graphs that aid in that aspect. I find myself refering to it very often.

Yes you do need both volumes. Volume 2 isn't an update. It covers different things.

Severity8

Crap I need Volume one now which is more comprehensive! Volume one is online free at Norm's site. I thought I'd compared the indexes in one and two and two was all of one with several more chapters. What did I miss because I'll happily go back for one. Volume two has a TON of info.

yesiamred

mica said:
Red...

Happy cards to all!
mica
Mica, I agree, I know AM's remark was in fun...I too can have fun and tease just as well as they can. I like to intimidate they guys too!:)

yesiamred

Automatic Monkey said:

AM, I know you were joking and just giving you some B.S. in return. This forum is the best!:p

Red

halibut

Severity8 said:
Crap I need Volume one now which is more comprehensive! Volume one is online free at Norm's site. I thought I'd compared the indexes in one and two and two was all of one with several more chapters. What did I miss because I'll happily go back for one. Volume two has a TON of info.
I'm afraid you are mixing up volumes with editions. Allow me to clarify.

First Edition: Online version. Available at qfit.com.
Second Edition: Published version. Consists of Volumes I & II. Both volumes are available as printed books. Volume I also has a Kindle version.

See http://www.qfit.com/book/blackjackbook.htm for more details.

mica

Damn..,I just spent 8.50!

Severity8 said:
Free? Wish I read your post a few minutes earlier..,,I just spent 8.50 downloading it to my Kindle. If anyone has helpful
Tips on how to get a bargain I'm volume II.,,,,please speak up before I order it at full price!

I am still new..with a small BR that isn't jumping in value very quickly!,,,,

Thx
Mica