I Accidently Past Posted....

Carmine782

Hi Everyone i was playing today , I was playing two hands,
I busted on the 1st hand, and 2nd hand i had 19, after the dealer busted i ACCIDENTLY took my two green chips out of the 2nd betting circle and put 1 black there, I honestly thought the hand was over, I kinda lost my mind there. The Pit boss obvoisly made me put it back, my question is I have been going there for over a year, and will they think of me any different? I dont want them to think of me as a possible cheat.

eandre

HTML:
Don't worry, it happens.. I tell them I have HALF-Hiemer's and everyone just laughs. Look, dealers are human and they make mistakes, and the pit supervision have all dealt. If anything they probably think you are not too smart...great cover...it works for me.

Last edited:

moo321

Run savannah on them. Put a pile of blacks out with a purple underneath. When you bust, grab the chips. When the dealer catches you, apologize profusely, and but back a pile of only blacks.

Harman

moo321 said:
Run savannah on them. Put a pile of blacks out with a purple underneath. When you bust, grab the chips. When the dealer catches you, apologize profusely, and but back a pile of only blacks.

I've studied this Savannah move and it seems kind of stupid. Does the dealer really pay attention to every bet made? If not, then you could just grab your pile of blacks and switch them with purples, apologising profusely. Well, maybe not nowadays with all the cameras

callipygian

Harman said:
Does the dealer really pay attention to every bet made?
No, but the consequences if you're caught are pretty severe.

(Expected penalty) = (Probability of getting caught) x (Severity of punishment)

sagefr0g

thing is what interests me so much about the Savannah isn't so much the ploy it's self but how it was depicted that they came up with it in the History channel or was it Discovery channel documentary.
the guy just kept working and working at comming up with something better than the past post. then he has this epiphany and the Savannah was born lol.
i'd like to have an epiphany like that. just maybe hopefully something legal lol.
lord knows i try enough.
remmember if at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again. lol

Carmine782

sagefr0g said:
thing is what interests me so much about the Savannah isn't so much the ploy it's self but how it was depicted that they came up with it in the History channel or was it Discovery channel documentary.
the guy just kept working and working at comming up with something better than the past post. then he has this epiphany and the Savannah was born lol.
i'd like to have an epiphany like that. just maybe hopefully something legal lol.
lord knows i try enough.
remmember if at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again. lol
Good Evening Guys, This really isnt helping me, I wnat to know if i should be worried, because I swear it was an accident.

callipygian

Carmine782 said:
I swear it was an accident.
The more obvious you were about switching your bet, the more likely it is to be viewed favorably. If you reached over your chips with a palmed black and tried to surreptitiously drop it, you'll have a hard time arguing it was accidental. If you pulled your bet back in full view of everyone and replaced it as you would replace any bet, chances are your protests of innocence were heard.

How big of a deal was it when the pit boss came over? Did he quickly say something and then walk away, or were they reviewing the videotapes for a few minutes?

sagefr0g

Carmine782 said:
Good Evening Guys, This really isnt helping me, I wnat to know if i should be worried, because I swear it was an accident.
sorry Carmine i blabber on so much lol.
i really don't know if you should be worried or not.
i've done and seen similar incidents by accident as well. never worried about it for more than a few moments or so. i doubt you need worry about it.
my guess is you was gracious about it and probably apologetic and all. likely you won some hearts and minds in the pit. lol

moo321

Harman said:
I've studied this Savannah move and it seems kind of stupid. Does the dealer really pay attention to every bet made? If not, then you could just grab your pile of blacks and switch them with purples, apologising profusely. Well, maybe not nowadays with all the cameras
Switching in on a winning bet would show up on film. Switching out doesn't show up, because you actually didn't do a move.