I hate having a losing trip

Just lost about $1200 on the last day of a trip. I was ahead until the last few hours.

That includes the $450 I paid for tournament entries and couldn't get past the first round.

Sometimes I think I'd be better off staying home and working over at my job. Then after a couple of weeks I get the urge again.

I won 3 out of the last 4 trips so I'm still ahead and I never pay for food or rooms.

Dyepaintball12

My team of guys went to Vegas and after the first day were down $7,000. 5 days later we were up $3,000 but talk about starting off badly.

Then exactly the opposite happened on the next trip. After two days we were up about $7,000 and then the last day we all got hit and lost $6,000.

Losing sucks

pooptarts92

My first day back from rebuilding my BR was a horrible one. I was back counting only with my new bet spread and figured $700 was enough to bring with me. I ended up dropping all $700 in an hour. So now I always bring at least 1k because I hate having to leave a hot shoe.

Phantom

phantom said:
Just lost about $1200 on the last day of a trip. I was ahead until the last few hours.

That includes the $450 I paid for tournament entries and couldn't get past the first round.

Sometimes I think I'd be better off staying home and working over at my job. Then after a couple of weeks I get the urge again.

I won 3 out of the last 4 trips so I'm still ahead and I never pay for food or rooms.
A suggestion, if you can work the regular job than do it, always positive ev,,,after that play and do so with a clear mind.

Work first, family first, play last.

CP

flyingwind

paddywhack said:
Couldn't agree more. The game will still be there when you have the time for it.
It's the wonderful thing about it. The game is always there, 24/7. Whether you have the time to play at 3am, on your lunch break, before school, after work, and on the weekend that you're pretending to be sick becuase you don't want to visit the in-laws. It's always there, 24/7, except where prohibited by law.

Work first, family first, play last. Hmmm.... I guess in-laws count as family, huh?

pit15

phantom said:

Even if you're a +EV counter, playing the count game is going to result in a loss on a little less then half of your trips.

So I'm going to be blunt here:
Get used to it, or don't play. Unfortunately this is one of the crappy parts about the business.

And if you THINK you'd be better off working at your job, then you are! Think about what you're saying right now. You're already telling yourself that the AP thing isn't working out for you, and you have a job to go to.

I myself have a solid edge on the games I usually play, am reasonably well banked, am confident in my abilities and am confident I can get enough hours in to make a living, AND I think that is currently my best choice, and you know what? I always know in the back of my mind that there's a decent chance I can still end up being a bustout loser.

If you're not SURE about your game, AND have full confidence in yourself to do it, don't quit your job.