Illustrious 18 with 6 deck..

Hi all.:) I'm pretty new to blackjack, but i have now learnt to use prefect basic stratergie, and the hi-lo count. I have bought Max Rubin's Master Blackjack advanced pro stratergies, and in the dvd he teaches the "Illustrious 18" But it says its for 4 decks. Is there any variation on it when playing with 6 decks. :confused:?Anyone knows?

Thanks

H

callipygian

frodo2000 said:
Hi and welcome to the forums.

frodo2000 said:
in the dvd he teaches the "Illustrious 18" But it says its for 4 decks. Is there any variation on it when playing with 6 decks. :confused:?
The relative value of the switches does not change; however, the absolute value will vary greatly depending on your bet spread. Unlike basic strategy (which is an absolute measurement), the Illustrious 18 is a generalized set of rules which apply to most people most of the time. Don't get too hung up on how to squeeze an extra 0.001% out of the rule switches, instead, focus on the basics: make sure you have basic strategy absolutely down pat, and be able to count down decks really quickly. Errors in basic strategy and errors in keeping count will be much more harmful than switching to stand 16 v. dealer 9 at +3 instead of +5.

Thanx! :) Do you or anyone else knows any place on the net where I can find some good tabels on stratergie variations depending on the count? Like you said that when +3 you should stand with 16. Please anyone send me a link if you have =)

Regards H

Sonny

RG1 said:
That's a nice tool but I can't change the number of decks, it is password protected.
The indexes don't change much with different numbers of decks. The rules can make a difference but the number of decks isn't really a concern. Learning one set is a good compromise. That way you don't have to learn new numbers for different games.

-Sonny-

RG1

Sonny said:
The indexes don't change much with different numbers of decks. The rules can make a difference but the number of decks isn't really a concern. Learning one set is a good compromise. That way you don't have to learn new numbers for different games.

-Sonny-
I see that now. The indexes my eyes went to first were 12v2 and 12v3 showing 4.5 and 2.8 while I use 3 and 2. They are probably the furthest off on the chart.