increasing the edge?

I dont play blackjack very long,but i have read much about it.
I only wanna play blackjack to win money:)
I have read that the optimal edge with perfect play,card counting does not go higher then 2 or 2.5 procent.
When i only play decks with a positive count(stop playing when the count gets to negative)can i find a greater edge then?
I know about a computerprogram that let players play poker more then a million hands.With this the best player had a win off 3 procent,the worst a loss off 4 procent.So even if yo play perfect blackjack,when you are on the unlucky side off the gauss curve you will never win money?

Sucker

jimmie1961 said:
I have read that the optimal edge with perfect play,card counting does not go higher then 2 or 2.5 procent.
When i only play decks with a positive count(stop playing when the count gets to negative)can i find a greater edge then?
It depends upon what you mean by "optimal". If you were to back-count(just stand & watch) the table and only jump in when the count is super high, you could pretty much CHOOSE your edge, up to a maximum of somewhere around 10%.

But is this optimal? While it may be a method to attain the optimal EDGE, it's certainly not the optimal way to make MONEY. You would have to be standing around more than 99% of the time, and if you're lucky you might get to make a bet once or twice a day; meanwhile passing up maybe 100 opportunities for smaller edges. This is what's known in the business as "leaving money on the table".

When it comes to counting cards, there are no easy solutions. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it.