index and other questions

i have a question about hi-lo indices.

can someone give me an illustrious 18 index for the following playing conditions; 6-8deck,H17,DOA,DAS,no surrender(NS?), no resplit aces?

second question,
i was comparing the strategy card at this site and at blackjack-bst.com. both sets of strategy cards are the same until hard 11 vs A. this site's card says to double, the other site says to hit. what is the most precise play?

Canceler

I'm no expert on the I18, but I know that it's a set of indices, and I don't think they vary much based on #decks & rules. Actually, I don't understand your question. Maybe you could explain a little more just what you're after.

Both the charts at Wizard of Odds, and the EV tables at bjmath.com, confirm that doubling 11 vs A is correct for H17.

sagefr0g

counter-fit said:
i have a question about hi-lo indices.

can someone give me an illustrious 18 index for the following playing conditions; 6-8deck,H17,DOA,DAS,no surrender(NS?), no resplit aces?

second question,
i was comparing the strategy card at this site and at blackjack-bst.com. both sets of strategy cards are the same until hard 11 vs A. this site's card says to double, the other site says to hit. what is the most precise play?
insure at +3
16v10 stand at >=0
15v10 stand at >=4
10,10v5 split at >=5
10,10v6 split at >=4
10v10 double >=4
12v3 stand >=2
12v2 stand >=3
11vA double >=1
9v2 double >=1
10vA double >=4
9v7 double >=3
16v9 stand >=5
13v2 hit <=-1
12v4 hit <=0
12v5 hit <=-2
12v6hit <=-1
13v3 hit <=-2
ala Schlesinger Blackjack Attack....
note: according to Schlesinger these I18 departures were figured for HiLo against a four deck game with a 1:12 spread. as i understand it he chose a four deck game as a compromise between two deck, six deck and eight deck games. so apparently there is some fudge factor if one isn't playing a four deck game with a 1:12 spread.

best regards,
mr fr0g :D

Last edited:

QFIT

sagefr0g said:
ala Schlesinger Blackjack Attack....
The 1, 2 and 6-8 deck EV-maximizing indexes can be found on page 213 in Blackjack Attack. I'm pretty sure these are correct, since I generated them:)

sagefr0g

QFIT said:
The 1, 2 and 6-8 deck EV-maximizing indexes can be found on page 213 in Blackjack Attack. I'm pretty sure these are correct, since I generated them:)
super i missed that set and never noticed a referance to it in Schlesinger's chapter on the illustrious 18. thank you.

best regards,
mr fr0g :D