Index Deviation

daddybo

I'll probably be harrassed also.. but I think you are correct. DD plays very differently from 6D in many subtle ways. (IMHO.. no math just experience).

Jj

jack said:
Well i know you win more hands if you just hit vs doubling. I think you knew that!

I actually got this theory, from the infamous 11vX hand, where my index is -6.
It always, and I mean always seemed, that when there was a deck or less to be played in a 2D game, and my TC reached -7 or less, which prompted me to hit, opposed to doubling, it would cost me dearly.

This lead me to the conclusion, that all TCs are'nt equal. Doubling the 11vX @-6 with 1/2 deck remaining, is a much better bet(imo) than doubling it with the same TC, with lets say a deck and a half remaining.

I know, I know what your going to say, but trust me when i say theres some kind of 'floating advantage' that's taking effect, with particular hands at different deck levels and the number of decks in play.

OK, you can call me crazy now:)
The FA is real....and ALIVE:cool:

We are one in the Spirit;)

CP

D-bo

daddybo said:
I'll probably be harrassed also.. but I think you are correct. DD plays very differently from 6D in many subtle ways. (IMHO.. no math just experience).

YOU.......you......practitioner of..of...VODOO!! :yikes:

Burn him at the stake:eek::eek::devil::whip:

:):laugh:

CP

daddybo

creeping panther said:
YOU.......you......practitioner of..of...VODOO!! :yikes:

Burn him at the stake:eek::eek::devil::whip:

:):laugh:

CP
hey!.. You need to go to 'Nawlins (That's how we say it) with me some time.. I'll show you some REAL VOODOO! You would fit right in! :laugh:

Last edited:

jack.jackson

creeping panther said:
The FA is real....and ALIVE:cool:

We are one in the Spirit;)

CP
Maybe my indexes(book) just werent generated for two decks only...idk....but after years of using them, I cant tell somethings amiss. Even when I went to hit 12v6 or 13v4 or 14v5 BAM!!!! It would bust me out, month after month after month. But heres, the kicker, they work beautifully, for MD.

I really wish carlson would of mentioned how many decks he used to generate his indices, because they're not that accurate for DD.

My index for splitting XX's is +8 right!

MY RC at least better be +32 at 2decks in a 6deck game, before i split those. As a matter of fact I wouldnt split until +36(TC/9).

On the other hand if I was 5decks in a 6deck game(1D remaining) I wouldnt bat an eye to split'em up with a RC of +6:cool:

Take me to Nawlins too!

Last edited:

jack.jackson

Martin Gayle said:
Unless there is something mathematical, it's just you.
Well thanks for listening anyway. Either way, it just peanuts and wont make that big of difference over the long-run anyhow. I just find it, a little more exciting this way.

Btw, I really enjoyed your last post, that was well written. Thanks!