Index for 7,7

I play single deck, good rules (DA2, good pen) in Northern NV. What is the index for hitting 7,7 against a dealer 10? I currently stand on it, but when it came up recently with a lowsy count (I'm play-all), I wondered.

Thanks, SSSSStretchhhhhh

Edit: Hi-Lo, with Ill 18

Last edited:

jack.jackson

Stretch said:
I play single deck, good rules (DA2, good pen) in Northern NV. What is the index for hitting 7,7 against a dealer 10? I currently stand on it, but when it came up recently with a lowsy count (I'm play-all), I wondered.

Thanks, SSSSStretchhhhhh

Edit: Hi-Lo, with Ill 18
For single deck, I believe the index is 0> or higher vs X. STAND

In other words just use the running count for SD

DD+3>

MD+6>

*If 777 pays a bonus always hit

I'm not clear

Yes, 777 pays a $5 bonus. And in a weak count <0, I am only betting 5 or 10.

But in a strong count with a larger bet out there (65 or 90) on each of two hands) I wouldn't want to hit for a measly $5 would I?

Stretch

jack.jackson

Stretch said:
Yes, 777 pays a $5 bonus. And in a weak count <0, I am only betting 5 or 10.

But in a strong count with a larger bet out there (65 or 90) on each of two hands) I wouldn't want to hit for a measly $5 would I?

Stretch
I see! No you wouldnt! I would think it would be safe to always hit this on a MinBet. But if you dont get paid xtra for bigger bets, then your risking higher$ for a measley 5$. But to risk a minbet for a 5$ bonus would be worth it at practically any count.

But the amount of $ your riskin to win 5$ would definitely be a factor.

I guess this could get pretty confusing, then.

Need a math expert.

Severals factors now play a role.

How much you bet?
Higher payouts, for higher bets?
Suited 777?
Automatic winner?
What the count is?

I think wizard of odds, might have something on this. Sorry I just dont know.

Maybe sonny,cal or kc can help? Im curious too.

Last edited:

Sonny

The HiLo system doesn’t count sevens so any index number would be a pretty weak approximation unless you use a side count. Just stick to BS for the 7,7 vs. 10 play. As for as the side bet, just ignore it. The gain from the bonus doesn’t overcome the penalty for breaking BS. With a big bet out you will want to stand anyway because the count is high.

-Sonny-

Thanks, but..

my orignal question was: what is the index when I would hit 7,7 vs 10 in a single deck? I know to stand in neutral / postive counts (bigger bet always when positive), but at what negative count SHOULD I start hitting?

Mimo- no other bonus parameters, just 777 pays an extra $5. Suited 777 doesn't apply to single deck.

Stretch

bj bob

A closer look

Stretch said:
my orignal question was: what is the index when I would hit 7,7 vs 10 in a single deck? I know to stand in neutral / postive counts (bigger bet always when positive), but at what negative count SHOULD I start hitting?

Mimo- no other bonus parameters, just 777 pays an extra $5. Suited 777 doesn't apply to single deck.

Stretch
Being familiar with SD in Reno/ Sparks as well as the typical pen there, I would hit the 7,7 vs. 10 with a hi-lo TC of < -2. In other words at the top of the deck you would need to have a surplus of 2 low cards at or near the beginning of the deck and a surplus of one low card at mid-point. I wouldn't worry myself about the 7,7,7 bonus unless you're sure both 7's remain in the deck and you want to take a flyer on a min. bet for cover.

I also get hitting on 7,7 vs. 10 at TC=-2 or less.

Due to the bonus, hit it at TC=-1 if you have a bet out of $20 or less and you have no other information about 7's.

Due to the bonus, hit it at TC=+1 if you have a bet out of $5 or less and you have no other information about 7's.

jack.jackson

zengrifter said:
777 always pays a bonus in sheer satisfaction and delight. zg
Nice! and yes it does.

For my L2 count, I hit 14vs2@-7, but if its 77vs2 I split(DASorNDAS)@ -15>

However, if theres a 5$ bonus on a 5$bet I would be inclined to hit 77vs2 at the same index I hit 14vs2 on.

Last edited:
zengrifter said:
777 always pays a bonus in sheer satisfaction and delight. zg
Also if you are keeping track of 7's in SD you can treat any 14 vs. 10 like 7,7 vs. 10. I remember once in Wendover the dealer caught a 7,7,7 on one hand, and the next hand I had a big bet down with 14 vs. 10. So of course I stand even though the count didn't call for it, and got paid.

cardcounter0

HiLo count is totally useless for 7,7 vs T.
KO count is so very weak (the 7 is only 15% of the make up of the count) that it's index is of no value.

In single deck, 7,7 vs T is a stand. (when ever over 1/2 the 7s are consumed, you do not hit).

So in a 6 deck shoe, if you knew 10 other sevens were gone (plus the two in your hand), you would stand.