Index

gus

How many index do u play? Right now, I' m thinkin' to use "the classic" 18 index. Maybe enough or should I study some more index?

bjcount

gus said:
how many index do u play? Right now, i' m thinkin' to use "the classic" 18 index. Maybe enough or should i study some more index?

IMO you should learn as many as you can and still play perfectly. Learn the ones closest to both sides of 0 and then study the more extreme counts (high +'s and low -'s.

bjc

Last edited:

gus

I v read that using this 18 index You have a great advantage.. Somethin' like "the other are almost unnecessary" .. The effort to memorized other index isn't even to the advantage.

bjcount

gus said:
I v read that using this 18 index You have a great advantage.. Somethin' like "the other are almost unnecessary" .. The effort to memorized other index isn't even to the advantage.
There are many opinions about that in these boards, so I would suggest you do what your comfortable with, not what anyone tells you. Evert strat chart has pages of indices based on the game you play. Was that to waste paper or to give you the complete advantage possible?

BJC

cardcounter0

I18 + 4 = 22, the rest aren't worth learnin' :laugh:
The other 4 would be 8 vs 5,6 and s19 vs 5,6

When to take Insurance and 16 vs T are the most important.

Then add on as you want. I eventually wound up with about 50 simply because I became familar with them.

EyeHeartHalves

45 for 6D or 8D without surrender and approximately 60, otherwise;)

J/K. You may want to taylor it to your style of play and/or the local rules like I did. I new I'd be wonging out at a TC<=-1 without surrender so I learned only the applicable indices from -1 to +6 TC's. It ended up being about 45 so that was what I decided to learn.

Your miliage may vary.

rukus

around 70 for pitch games, 36 for shoes (not including surrender). the more the merrier. i dont care what anyone says, dont settle for mediocre or "just enough".

Brock Windsor

cardcounter0 said:
I18 + 4 = 22, the rest aren't worth learnin' :laugh:
The other 4 would be 8 vs 5,6 and s19 vs 5,6

When to take Insurance and 16 vs T are the most important.

Then add on as you want. I eventually wound up with about 50 simply because I became familar with them.
If you play a surrender game knowing the 14 vs 10 surrender index is a valuable play. Learn as many deviations as you like, just know time spent studying index plays is worth less than time spent counting shoes. Also the more obscure the index, the more likely it is your time is better suited to learning a new level count (level 1 to level two adds about 0.1% to your edge I think depending on the game) Lastly if you are betting close to Kelly some index plays are not risk adverse so may increase your ROR. 10 vs 10 for example.
BW