Insurance ??

d-down21

Do you ever take insurance in the first deal off a "Reshuffle" in a S/D game.?.......Because being that the initial 2 cards are dealt down you wouldn't be able to see how many 10's have been dealt........Right?

SystemsTrader

d-down21 said:
Do you ever take insurance in the first deal off a "Reshuffle" in a S/D game.?.......Because being that the initial 2 cards are dealt down you wouldn't be able to see how many 10's have been dealt........Right?
You are allowed to look at your two cards before you make the decision. If I have two small cards and I can see another players hand then I will take the insurance if the count calls for it.

tedloc

Ask...

d-down21 said:
Whenever you are considering decisions about insurance or hitting 16, ask all the players if they have 10's or 5's in their hand. They are not going to kick you out if you ask the players..."Anybody got 10's in their hand"

shadroch

tedloc said:
Whenever you are considering decisions about insurance or hitting 16, ask all the players if they have 10's or 5's in their hand. They are not going to kick you out if you ask the players..."Anybody got 10's in their hand"

Why not just announce you are a card counter and would everyone,including the dealer please show me your hand.