Interesting stuff

Thunder

Has anyone here noticed how the cards that they use at the Borgata are a lot thinner than the ones they use at other joints like the Trop? Just something to be aware of.

Somehow I do not think so. I was chatting up some of the pit critters on a trip and they were complaining about how cheap the "new" cards that the Borgata now uses.

Also had a dealer -insist- that a game was 6 decks when a player asked. It was certainly an 8 deck game and eventually they were corrected by management. However, they did comment at that point how these cards felt much thinner.

So yeah, I would say that the cards they used have thinned down. Plus, the discard tray is more empty at the end of a shoe than it is when the tray I use for practice when all 8 decks are loaded up.

Ferretnparrot

Just so theres no confusion, there are 6 deck games, AND 8 deck games at borgata. Not all of the games are 6 decks, and it has nothign to do with how thick the cards are, but what day of the week, and what pit you are in. The 8 deck games are found primarily by murmur near the poker room.