Interesting

rogue1

Why is it that so many people think that positive progressive betting and the Martingale system are one and the same? Not. I'm no longer a progressive player but I wonder why people automatically think Martingale when someone talks about positive progressions.

rogue1

Hi Sonny-
I just don't see the comparison say in a progressive bet where you increase your bet by 50% after a win and dropping back to your basic unit bet after a loss,and the Martingale which says to double your bet after each loss.
Pretty much apples and oranges isn't it?

Sonny

rogue1 said:
Pretty much apples and oranges isn't it?
Apples come in different sizes and different colors, but they’re all basically the same thing. Positive/negative progressions are still progression systems. Whether it’s Martingale, Fibonacci, D’Alembert, Contra-D’Alembert, Oscar’s Grind, or whatever, the technique is the same. Some systems are more volatile than others, but the general principles are the same.

-Sonny-

Sonny said:
Apples come in different sizes and different colors, but they’re all basically the same thing. Positive/negative progressions are still progression systems. Whether it’s Martingale, Fibonacci, D’Alembert, Contra-D’Alembert, Oscar’s Grind, or whatever, the technique is the same. Some systems are more volatile than others, but the general principles are the same.

-Sonny-
That volatility can be very useful, because the rate at which you give action action is related to your prior results. I love progressions for clearing bonuses.