Just a quick question...

When at a blackjack table, how many units do you guys have out?
For example, on a 15 dollar minimum table, how much money should i have on that table? 100,200,500,1000$ ?

shadroch

I don't think there is any one correct answer to how much money you should have on the table.
I like to buy in for 40X table minimum,but thats more so the PB records my buy-in then anything else.I'd buy in for $600 if making $15 bets as my basic unit.

dacium

How many chips or how much money in your pockets?

It depends on the impression you want to give, if there is a good count and you want to get rid of plays nothing is better than cash for chip swapping EVERY hand especially playing while standing and wonging in and out, pisses the ploppies off such that they might leave. i don't like to have to many chips out because i think it draws attention. Look at any ploppy and they constantly but surely drop money, unless they are letting wins ride and getting big streaks they are almost certainly loosing rather constantly. Even staying around the same amount of chips I found draws attention. One time i kept pocketing stacks of red and they weren't impressed when they found out because i don't like coloring up at a table (can wong in and out more easily if you just sneak a bet onto an empty box)

EasyRhino

Betting $5-$50, I usually just buy $100 in chips. If there's a high count, and I start getting demolished, I may end up buying in every hand or two. I figure it makes me look like a loser. (Makes me fee like a loser too).

If I wong in to a high count, I may buy in for $200. Or if I want to have some green chips, I may buy in for $200.

avs21

My general rule is 20X my min bet on SD and DD games and shoe double that. It also depends how much money others are betting and how many chips they have next to them.

jmp

Sounds like you guys use this wonging strategy alot, dont you ever just sit down at one table, either with other players, or heads-up, for serveral hands, maybe even 100 hands?

Jmp.

EasyRhino

$5 tables are rare in my neck of the woods, so I'll often camp out there. And I'll play heads up at a $10 table any time I can get it. Which is rare, due to crowding.

jmp said:
Sounds like you guys use this wonging strategy alot, dont you ever just sit down at one table, either with other players, or heads-up, for serveral hands, maybe even 100 hands?

Jmp.
Was wondering the same thing. But, then again, I was called a "ploppy" once on this board, so I guess it would be "natural" for me to wonder. :laugh:

EasyRhino

Dude sitting next to me was apparantely on a run. Playing green chips, $50-$100 bets, with occassional spike to $300 or so. Said he cashed in for like $500, but he was just sitting there with an armada of green chips in front of him. All arrayed in little stacks of four, so it took up lot of table space. black chips were off on the side.

It was all so organized, you'd think he was counting. Cept, you know, he wasn't.

So I'd guestimate he was sitting at the table with literally 80 units.

Nice guy though, we were making fun of the tightass next to me after he left.