Key carding

southAP said:
I was thinking of reading that book but it had mixed reviews, but since you are advising it, i'll give it a go.
Its great for all the basics - the best primer going.
Some, not all, APs criticized the math - over-reliance on which could lead to serious overbetting. zg

assume_R

southAP said:
I was wondering the same.
Somehow I doubt it. But I'm open for others' opinions. How consistent would it have to be for it to be profitable?

If the keycard is within let's say 4 cards of the Ace on average (and consistently) every X times, it is worth it due to the extremely high EV. What is X?

southAP said:
This may sound impractical but I was planning on just learning the trade then running my own sims to optimize returns.
Contrarily, it sounds more profitable than taking somebody's word for it. But you gotta know you're running the right sims!

metronome

I can see the relevance to single deck, but wouldn't you have two keycards in double deck, one from each deck? So which keycard is the one I am waiting to act upon ? And by the time you find a dealer with (assumed) consistent riffles, they are either taking a break or it's the end of their shift.
I suppose an intimate familiarity with the exact shuffle procedure is required. And a hell of a lot of scouting.
Still learning, still exploring:)

metronome said:
...wouldn't you have two keycards in double deck, one from each deck? So which keycard is the one I am waiting to act upon ? And by the time you find a dealer with (assumed) consistent riffles, they are either taking a break or it's the end of their shift.
Really not that critical. zg

HockeXpert

zengrifter said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zengrifter
Most shuffles will work. I've found that even ASMs work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by assume_R
Seriously? Do other AP's who employ these strategies concur?... Somehow I doubt it.

Anyone, yea/nea? zg
I have had very limited experience with ASM's and sequencing only because you need to track 4 sets of key cards at a time as opposed to two, if that is all you are doing at that table, and I'm just not up to that. I have sequenced very successfully on an ASM but my limited exposure is definitely not a big enough sample to prove that it was anything more than luck.

Anyone here have the time to just observe and record your findings? Does anyone know the shuffle method used by an asm? If it is a single pass perfect riff, it is a candy store.

HockeXpert said:
I have had very limited experience with ASM's and sequencing only because you need to track 4 sets of key cards at a time as opposed to two, if that is all you are doing at that table, and I'm just not up to that. I have sequenced very successfully on an ASM but my limited exposure is definitely not a big enough sample to prove that it was anything more than luck.

Anyone here have the time to just observe and record your findings? Does anyone know the shuffle method used by an asm? If it is a single pass perfect riff, it is a candy store.
I only keycarded at 2D ASM, limited samplings on numerous occasions, successfully and surprisingly. zg

forwhat77

Zen,,would you say that shuffle tracking is possible through single deck asms? I never say too much on this, but I know that it is very possible..ASMs are wayy overratted:grin:

Blue Efficacy said:
As far as I know, the 1D and 2D ASMs work differently than the multideck versions.
Perhaps, some. The last (and only) time I publicly ID'd a specific machine weakness, along similar lines, the semi-popular offering disappeared fast. zg

forwhat77 said:
Zen,,would you say that shuffle tracking is possible through single deck asms? I never say too much on this, but I know that it is very possible..ASMs are wayy overratted:grin:
I didn't actually try that and the last time I saw any it was El Cortez about 5+ years ago. zg

Dopple

This keycarding sounds interesting but you would not use it on a shoe game would you? How would you know which card was the key when you have 6 of the same?

Dopple

Thanks ZG, to me this looks like the easiest way to get another edge. ST and HC seem to require alot more investment of time and study.

I think I know what you mean by two keys.

If you were already in at TC1 or above especially I would think knowing an ace was coming up would be major. You are better off in heads up play I would think and also you want a 3-6 card gap after the key, no?

Where do I find more info on keycarding? Is it the same as sequencing?

I try and make up for what I lack in knowledge with enthusiasm.

Dopple said:
Thanks ZG, to me this looks like the easiest way to get another edge. ST and HC seem to require alot more investment of time and study.

I think I know what you mean by two keys.

Where do I find more info on keycarding? Is it the same as sequencing?
ST is tougher for me, except the simple cut-off tracking, which you should know.
HC is a whole nother issue.

Keys are the signature cards that precede the Ace.
See paras 5&6, post #2 >
http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=737#2

BJ Reality
BJ Ace Prediction

Dopple

ZG thanks again for your time and information. I have alot of research to do on my own, it would not hurt to do a little watching from behind the scenes and see if I can get a feel for the process.

I also will be reading more on your some of your exploits, it appears you have a very colorful history.