Kim Lee Chat

kewljason

RJT said:
You know i've been one of the strongest proponents of the moderators here, but i checked this thread earlier and while all the posts weren't necessarily complimentary of our new chat superstar, there was nothing that warranted deletion - i totally understand and agree that this isn't a democracy and as such is subject to the moderators opinions, but frankly i think i'm done here. The censorship of the people that are widely known to be pros by the mods is getting to the point where if they criticize anyone their posts just disappear under whatever rules the board mods want to utilize at that specific moment. That's fair enough but i'm now clocking out - i'll make use of the chat room where i don't have to deal with that as long as it remains unmoderated, but these boards are essentially a dead zone that i'm not going to even partake in reading anymore.
I'm sad to see this happen and i'm sorry it's come to this but you tread a thin line and walked too far into one side.

RJT.
I must have missed something somewhere along the line. :confused:

I'm with QFIT in the sentiment that the mods here do a great job, but MAZ's post was hardly offensive or terribly uncivil; worse--it was somewhat relevant and made a valid point. Since no mods have responded, I don't see the point in assuming that they busted the post in question, but if they did, I'm a bit disappointed.

kewljason

Do we know for sure that Maz's post was busted? Usually the mod makes a comment about cleaning the thread ect. Perhaps Maz changed his mind and withdrew his own post? :confused:

Controversy

Kim Lee has a right to make his points, even though to some it may hit too close to home and make some squirm.

Maz has a right to make his point without his post being busted, and I doubt he removed it himself.

This site should be thrilled to have both willing to post here, proven, known, BJ players, real deals.:cool:

Let this site take a lesson in the excesses of moderation, post busting, and what the results were at AP.com.

I am all for moderators when we have a chat guest, that is a different situation entirely when a certain structure is needed.:)

CP

RJT

creeping panther said:
Kim Lee has a right to make his points, even though to some it may hit too close to home and make some squirm.

Maz has a right to make his point without his post being busted, and I doubt he removed it himself.

This site should be thrilled to have both willing to post here, proven, known, BJ players, real deals.:cool:

Let this site take a lesson in the excesses of moderation, post busting, and what the results were at AP.com.

I am all for moderators when we have a chat guest, that is a different situation entirely when a certain structure is needed.:)

CP
My apologies to the moderators and to all here - i was looking at the wrong thread last night. It was the thread about Andy Andersen over on the main board and nothing has been removed. I jumped to conclusions i assuming it was deleted simply because historically Maz's posts don't seem to last very long, and that was an unfair assessment to make - thanks for the PM CP, i wouldn't have double checked otherwise and would have left all the boards on ignore lol.

RJT.

Last edited:
Kim Lee Chat Topics

"The Myth of Professional Card Counting"

That sounds interesting.

"The Most Common Counting Mistake (Playing while losing)"

Playing at less then optimal conditions
Playing like a robot
Staying too long at a table

"The Biggest Counting Mistake (Underbetting)"

Overbetting

"The Typical Wrong Way and the Right Way to Visit Vegas"

Undercapitilized
Rushing there in heat
No real planning

rukus

nycpro said:
"The Myth of Professional Card Counting"

That sounds interesting.

"The Most Common Counting Mistake (Playing while losing)"

Playing at less then optimal conditions
Playing like a robot
Staying too long at a table

"The Biggest Counting Mistake (Underbetting)"

Overbetting

"The Typical Wrong Way and the Right Way to Visit Vegas"

Undercapitilized
Rushing there in heat
No real planning
welcome nycpro

kewljason

creeping panther said:

CP
You are correct that members have a right to express their opinions, yourself included. :rolleyes: I think it becomes problematic for the moderators when someone substitutes their opinion for fact and states said opinion as absolute fact, when of course it is nothing more than one's opinion. I will use Jstat as an example, although their have been many other opinions stated as fact recently. To allow that flies in the face of the intent of this site. Might as well rename it blackjack-mis-info.com.

You seem to have a different agenda than most on this site of improving their knowledge and game. You seem to want to take control of this site and make the decisions on who posts here and turn it into some sort of good old boys club consisting of only your friends and aquaintances. The members who you know and have personally met are welcome and you heap praise on and kiss ass like a fraternity and those that aren't part of your little cirlce aren't welcome. So go right ahead, hijack the site. I am tired of these games and your many backhanded comments directed at me. It is counterproductive to my game and goal.

I suppose you will counter about how sensative I am and that your comments aren't directed at me, but just read through the comments of the past couple weeks. Many members have picked up on it. Hell, just yesterday, a member, HockeXpert, expressed a positive comment about me and you tried to talk him out of it. :laugh: You really are a very small and disappointing person.

Homeschool

kewljason said:
You are correct that members have a right to express their opinions, yourself included. :rolleyes: I think it becomes problematic for the moderators when someone substitutes their opinion for fact and states said opinion as absolute fact, when of course it is nothing more than one's opinion. I will use Jstat as an example, although their have been many other opinions stated as fact recently. To allow that flies in the face of the intent of this site. Might as well rename it blackjack-mis-info.com.

You seem to have a different agenda than most on this site of improving their knowledge and game. You seem to want to take control of this site and make the decisions on who posts here and turn it into some sort of good old boys club consisting of only your friends and aquaintances. The members who you know and have personally met are welcome and you heap praise on and kiss ass like a fraternity and those that aren't part of your little cirlce aren't welcome. So go right ahead, hijack the site. I am tired of these games and your many backhanded comments directed at me. It is counterproductive to my game and goal.

I suppose you will counter about how sensative I am and that your comments aren't directed at me, but just read through the comments of the past couple weeks. Many members have picked up on it. Hell, just yesterday, a member, HockeXpert, expressed a positive comment about me and you tried to talk him out of it. :laugh: You really are a very small and disappointing person.

I guess I am failing to see where CP was ripping on you in his post. I actually thought his post was pretty neutral. I will admit I didn't see the posts that were busted and havn't noticed anything over the past couple weeks. I think we all value BOTH of your posts. If there is an underlying " I'm not touching you" kind of message, be the bigger man and let it roll off your back.

As far as JSTAT, it was not his difference in opinion, but rather his insistence that his view was the only view, that got him banned, among other things. Furthermore, that is a whole different discussion....

Homeschool

Kj

kewljason said:

KJ

Is it not a fact that I recently invited you to an invitation only event and quaranteed that you would be welcomed with respect and warmth???

Your rant above is most troubling especially in light of my special invite to you of a few days ago. I also am sure this is at least the second special invite you have received over the past year. I think this shows that my heart is in the right place concerning you.:)

I also had nothing against JSTAT on a personal level, finding him to be a fine person who had a different belief and was actually very entertaining. I am not one to jump on the band wagon when a certain poster is being savaged, I stand by the downtrodden,,,and I always will.

CP

Last edited:

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure exactly what caused the contrived controversy here.

This thread has two deleted posts, both of which were deleted by the authors not the moderators. One was a question about the starting time of the chat, and the other was a response about the nonexistent deleted posts. In each case, apparently the author felt the post was unnecessary and removed it.

daddybo

I saw RJT's post and too thought Maz's post was in this thread.. There are a couple of threads here similar in topic.. minor confusion. :laugh: