KO Simulation ?

I keep hearing that KO compares equally to High/Low in all the simulations that have been run.
And I know that KO is easier in not having to do a True Count conversion.
But in my last question about KO I learned that it does not work well early and late in the shoes. The way to adjust for this is to adjust the Key count as each deck is played.
So are the sims run straight up for Ko vs HL or are the adjustments made in the sims for the Key counts in order to say the two are equal?
I hope this makes sense. I do not see how KO can compare to HL straight up given this problem of early/late in KO.
Thanks
Bobp

QFIT

bobp said:
I keep hearing that KO compares equally to High/Low in all the simulations that have been run.
And I know that KO is easier in not having to do a True Count conversion.
But in my last question about KO I learned that it does not work well early and late in the shoes. The way to adjust for this is to adjust the Key count as each deck is played.
So are the sims run straight up for Ko vs HL or are the adjustments made in the sims for the Key counts in order to say the two are equal?
I hope this makes sense. I do not see how KO can compare to HL straight up given this problem of early/late in KO.
Thanks
Bobp
The sims are run without this adjustment. Actually, even balanced counts having varying accuracy at different penetrations; although the effect is less pronounced.

Kasi

Without trying to start a big debate on it, I think Schlesinger concluded Hi-Lo might slightly outperform KO in most situations. But not in all situations like back-counting 4.5/6 deckers. But it certainly holds it own.

But, you know, like they say, better to learn one sytem well than another and make alot of mistakes.

bobp said:
But in my last question about KO I learned that it does not work well early and late in the shoes.
KO works very well late in the shoes, other things being equal, since you are counting the "7" that is being ignored by Hi-Lo. For a 6-deck shoe, KO captuers 24 more cards, which makes a big difference late in the shoes.