KO to Zen

aslan

I'm not having any trouble keeping the KO count, but I crave some more edge and want to step up to Zen. The different number values are a little daunting. Should it take long to make this switch? I was hoping to do it in a week or two. Am I dreaming? What other problems am I up against? Don't I have to convert to TC in this system?

Mimosine

aslan said:
I'm not having any trouble keeping the KO count, but I crave some more edge and want to step up to Zen. The different number values are a little daunting. Should it take long to make this switch? I was hoping to do it in a week or two. Am I dreaming? What other problems am I up against? Don't I have to convert to TC in this system?

learning the new counting tags will not take you that long. 1-2 weeks max.
I'm learning unballanced zen and it really hasn't been that difficult to get to the 30 second/deck rate.
KO-Zen are fairly similar in that you don't count 8,9. but it will take a little practice looking for new cancelation patterns.

Deck estimation, TC conversion, and new index numbers will be the real challenge IMHO. I'm having a hard enough time trying to find a good set of index numbers for UBZ, i suspect there is much more accurate info out there for zen, and a lot of people on here use it so you're in good shape.

Mimosine

supercoolmancool said:
Because unbalaced Zen is just as powerful as balanced Zen.
and because i'm not interested in devoting the time to learn precise deck estimation / RC-TC conversion. if i was more than a low recreational roller, then things would be different.

aslan

Mimosine said:
and because i'm not interested in devoting the time to learn precise deck estimation / RC-TC conversion. if i was more than a low recreational roller, then things would be different.
If a person aspired to being more than a low roller recreational player (not that such is anything bad), would Zen be the way to go? I admit, I'm just a big dummy at this point in my BJ education.