Late surrender on any card !

Hi,
The game is
European 6D,S17,
double-tripple* on any card,
Asian Late surrender**,
Split on any card,
Double-tripple After Splitting,
I need some information for a game which is allowed "late surrender on any card except dealer has an Ace"(called also asian surrender) and also allowed tripple after double on any card.

*For example I bet 100$ and I have "A4" against dealer's "6". According to the basic strategy I make double.Lets say my third card is an "ACE". I can raise another 100$ and can tripple the bet.

What is the house edge on that game? How will be the money management and game strategy? Appreciate.
[email protected]

StudiodeKadent

raven1909 said:
Hi,
The game is
European 6D,S17,
double-tripple* on any card,
Asian Late surrender**,
Split on any card,
Double-tripple After Splitting,
I need some information for a game which is allowed "late surrender on any card except dealer has an Ace"(called also asian surrender) and also allowed tripple after double on any card.

*For example I bet 100$ and I have "A4" against dealer's "6". According to the basic strategy I make double.Lets say my third card is an "ACE". I can raise another 100$ and can tripple the bet.

What is the house edge on that game? How will be the money management and game strategy? Appreciate.
[email protected]
"Asian Late Surrender" is a contradiction in terms. Asian Surrender means that you have Early Surrender against any dealer upcard that isn't an Ace. This is also known as ES10 (early surrender against tens or lower).

Macau and Singapore games use the ES10 rule, and some games in Europe do as well.

wwcd

On this thread I explained my redouble experiences and got a couple PMs about the rule:

http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=17474

From the information I got, it looks like redouble rule is worth 0.45% +EV, mostly stemming from the fact that you can start doubling earlier: "i.e. you can double 8 vs. 4, 5 and 6, and 9 vs. 2 and 7 in addition to 3,4,5,6".

You can also redouble most of your soft doubles "i.e. A4 against 6, you draw 2 and redouble (since you cannot bust) to draw a 10".

However, I still haven't learned about the optimum play in scenarios where you double and get a stiff, which happened to me. I had 10 against dealer's 8, I doubled and got a 3. Dealer asked whether I wanted to redouble and I said no, because I didn't want to throw more $ into what seemed like an easy bust candidate. I still don't know if I did the correct play there. The only one I learned about is you double 11 vs 7, and get an Ace, so you redouble. I guess you have to do this against dealer's 8 and 9 as well. But don't know what to do if you get a deuce on your 11.

Last edited: