millions

tallmanvegas

Are there any known blackjack players who have lifetime winnings over 1M. I would assume these would be the most well known researchers or card counting strategists that are on this forum or have written books.

Tallman

Billy C1

tallmanvegas said:
Are there any known blackjack players who have lifetime winnings over 1M. I would assume these would be the most well known researchers or card counting strategists that are on this forum or have written books.

Tallman
Many of us have won over a million-----very few have NETTED over a million.
The Las Vegas Hilton used to have an annual tournament that paid one million for first place. I think they had a three or four year run with that.
I know one of those winners (Sam Vaughn)

BillyC1

Last edited:

tallmanvegas

Yea, i agree, many of us have won well over 1M but net is most important. Just curious to find out who would be considered the most successful blackjack player currently playing today (not necessarily tournaments) based on net bankroll winnings. I just got back from the gym laughing as this trainer is training a client, however, he was completely out of shape with a beer gut. You cant take advise from someone who never made it or currently doing it

Tallman

shadroch

You cant take advise from someone who never made it or currently doing it

Tallman[/QUOTE]

Thats just silly. Few professional coachs ever excelled at the game they coach. A perfect example would be recently deceased MLB manager sparky Anderson who failed as a player but became one of the greatest managers in baseball history.
If you want to wait around for someone who became a millionaire under todays playing conditions to write a book for you, best of luck to you.
"Those who can, do and those who can't teach" is a mantra most often heard in loserville.

sagefr0g

i had a dream, a very vivid dream in which i won 16 million dollars.
two problems though, it wasn't playing blackjack and it hasn't happened, yet. :cow:

tallmanvegas

Tallman said:
You cant take advise from someone who never made it or currently doing it

Tallman
shadroch said:
Thats just silly. Few professional coachs ever excelled at the game they coach. A perfect example would be recently deceased MLB manager sparky Anderson who failed as a player but became one of the greatest managers in baseball history.
If you want to wait around for someone who became a millionaire under todays playing conditions to write a book for you, best of luck to you.
"Those who can, do and those who can't teach" is a mantra most often heard in loserville.
I like the quote - If you think your so smart, how come your not rich!

Last edited by a moderator:

tallmanvegas

Thank you, i would want to learn from the best. Someone who has done it already. Its like this financial investor who wanted to help me, but i chuckled when he came pulling up my driveway in his ford focus. Guess he was not that good to make big money for himself, let alone invest mine.

21gunsalute

shadroch said:
See Joe Torre.

tallmanvegas said:
Thank you, i would want to learn from the best. Someone who has done it already. Its like this financial investor who wanted to help me, but i chuckled when he came pulling up my driveway in his ford focus. Guess he was not that good to make big money for himself, let alone invest mine.
Things are not always as they appear. As you know, a central skill of a successful AP is good cover.

The investment world is not so different my friend. It would be a mistake to judge the man who wanted to help you by his car. It can be an advantage to appear to be an average man when meeting an IRS agent, or when asking for a favor or information from a colleague or peer. Always remember, ENVY is one of the seven deadly sins. It is not to be underestimated in it's ability to influence others to hurt you.:devil:

Bojack1

tallmanvegas said:

Tallman
That would be a bad assumption. So many of the great blackjack minds actually approach playing the game as a hobby just as most do. Usually BJ is just part of a repitoire of avenues they use for their intellect more than their income. Sure, it may bring in money for them, but for most, it is by far not worth it for them to make it their bread and butter as they usually have far greater income opportunities.

I am by far not what you would call a great blackjack mind. I have never invented or discovered anything new in the game. Although I do enjoy and trust the math, I am not in the same league as so many even here in what they can discover. I am just a product of using to my fullest potential what has already been laid out before me. As is the case with many money players. It does not take an incredible high intellect to make a million dollars over a lfetime of AP bj. It takes common sense, discipline, adaptability, ability to learn, and very imoprtantly, money. Sadly, as an AP, only large money, can make large money. But that should surprise none. Doesn't mean as a low stakes player you can't rack up large lifetime win, just know its a long haul. Many believe luck is also needed, well my take on that is the same as Phil Hellmuths. If it wasn't for luck, I would always win.

moo321

creeping panther said:
I think that the esteemed Bojack and Maz have attained that goal and more.:cool::1st:

CP
There's probably some other guys we've never heard of that have done it as well.

It would be quite easy to win $1 million if you were already wealthy. Some rich hedge fund manager could go to Vegas, count some cards, and rip off a million dollar trip without too much trouble.

What would be harder is to build up a large net worth from blackjack alone, which is quite difficult...

tallmanvegas

I would love to know what kind of bankroll and minimum bets they were using to reach that 1M mark. I currently play purples, avg bet 1k, however, i did not make my money in life at blackjack. Now its for the sport and casual spending money

assume_R

tallmanvegas said:
I would love to know what kind of bankroll and minimum bets they were using to reach that 1M mark. I currently play purples, avg bet 1k, however, i did not make my money in life at blackjack. Now its for the sport and casual spending money
I wish I were as lucky as you to be playing with a bankroll in the hundreds of thousands of dollars! Good for you.