Monte Carlo conditions

Dopple

I will be at the Monte Carlo for a few days soon and wondered about current conditions. It looks like they have a .26 house adv 6d game with ds and ls and ace split. My print out of conditions is a little old so I wonder if I can get a current update. I am staying there with the family hoping to get a decent strip view but not paying for the high floors. Any tips on the best wing for a view would be appreciated too because the desk may not always be as helpful as someone that knows from experience.

I will be playing the nickle game if open or wonging in and out of ten dollar games with a $1,000 bankroll. I should have a decent shot at not busting if I bet the count in reds maybe maxing out at 2 x 25 or even 3x30 if I get up a little. I love that surrender if it is still true.

I bet the five dollar table is gone by now.

johndoe

MC has a decent game, but make sure you pick a table with late surrender; last time I was there I had to argue with the dealer about it. (Luckily the sign was on..)

Not sure of table minimums, but be sure to wong with that sort of bankroll.

nottooshabby

Just got back from Vegas a couple days ago. If you like to sleep in, try to get a room facing away from the pool, or on a higher floor. The music at the pool usually starts around 9:00 AM.

MoneyPlays

Another Option

Dopple said:
I will be at the Monte Carlo for a few days soon and wondered about current conditions. It looks like they have a .26 house adv 6d game with ds and ls and ace split. My print out of conditions is a little old so I wonder if I can get a current update. I am staying there with the family hoping to get a decent strip view but not paying for the high floors. Any tips on the best wing for a view would be appreciated too because the desk may not always be as helpful as someone that knows from experience.

I will be playing the nickle game if open or wonging in and out of ten dollar games with a $1,000 bankroll. I should have a decent shot at not busting if I bet the count in reds maybe maxing out at 2 x 25 or even 3x30 if I get up a little. I love that surrender if it is still true.

I bet the five dollar table is gone by now.
That is a good game at MC but if you head down the road a little farther there is one a little better. Mandalay Bay has exact same rules and min., but pen is listed at 75% vs. 67% for MC. Could make all the difference. MB also lists 15 tables at this game vs. 4 for MC. Both say $10 min., but as stated earlier, may get $5 on weekday mornings. There is a free tram that runs from Excalibur to Mandalay to save you some steps. I will be there in a couple of weeks myself. Good luck and good cards. :cool:

Dopple

Thanks for the great replies, I appreciate it. You mean they can tell the difference between 67 and 75% penetration? That is only about 20 cards, they must have someone actually counting the number of cards.

MB sound alot better if you want to backcount as there are more tables. Do they have surrender at MB?

Blue Efficacy

Dopple said:
Thanks for the great replies, I appreciate it. You mean they can tell the difference between 67 and 75% penetration? That is only about 20 cards, they must have someone actually counting the number of cards.

MB sound alot better if you want to backcount as there are more tables. Do they have surrender at MB?
Anyone who has spent any time practicing deck estimation can tell the difference between 1.5 and 2 decks.

nottooshabby

Dopple said:

I can only speak for the $25 tables . . . but there are notches on the shoes at the MGM properties, to which the MC dealers were invariably adhering, that placed the pen at ~4 decks, less so (~4.5 decks) at other places around town. However, although these notches are also on the shoes at MB, the dealers do not always use them, and I found several dealers giving very handsome penetration; YMMV. Shop/Wong around and you may be surprised!

Yes, they have LS at MB. Good cards to you.

callipygian

MoneyPlays said:
Mandalay Bay has exact same rules and min., but pen is listed at 75% vs. 67% for MC.
I would treat with suspicion any published numbers on penetration. As nottooshabby pointed out, the only real predictor of penetration is how strictly the house makes the dealers cut at the notch, and that often depends on the dealer and pit.

johndoe

callipygian said:
I would treat with suspicion any published numbers on penetration. As nottooshabby pointed out, the only real predictor of penetration is how strictly the house makes the dealers cut at the notch, and that often depends on the dealer and pit.
I agree; these numbers are totally unreliable (and in this case, wrong).

ihate17

Just back from Vegas

callipygian said:
Pen, with the exception of notched shoes is really where you find it. Played at a 6 deck game where the dealer was cutting actually slightly less than a deck and the relief cut over 2. Guess when I took all my breaks?

ihate17

chichow

MB is a much much bigger shop than MC.

Its a comparable place to the MGM Grand with lots of tables, but with even lower limits.

Good place for 6D

ColorMeUp

Dopple, I just saw this thread after I sent you a pm. Current conditions are: $5 game, h17, ls, rsa available weekdays till 7ish, then they go to dimes, although on weds the $5 game was still there at 11pm. At the same time, they have a $10 game going that is the same rules but s17. The s17 tables are near the steakhouse (brand).

Check your PMs and let me know about the meet as I will be there when you are.