More scenes from the tables

aslan

prankster said:
And we musn't forget "irregardless".:laugh::rolleyes::joker:
"Regardless" of what others may say, "'ir'regardless" is not so bad, though some may find it "irritating"; I ain't one of them. I had an English professor whose big joke was to always include a grammatical error in each correspondence. People who laughed secretly at him had no idea the joke was on them. BTW, that's "mustn't", not "musn't".

aslan

prankster said:
And we musn't forget "irregardless".:laugh::rolleyes::joker:
"Regardless" of the rules, "irregardless" ain't so bad, though some may find it "'ir'ritating". I had an English professor whose big joke was to always include a grammatical error in his correspondence. People who laughed secretly at him had no idea the joke was on them -- or was it? He got a chuckle out of it anyway.

BTW, that's "mustn't", not "musn't".

prankster

aslan said:
"Regardless" of the rules, "irregardless" ain't so bad, though some may find it "'ir'ritating". I had an English professor whose big joke was to always include a grammatical error in his correspondence. People who laughed secretly at him had no idea the joke was on them -- or was it? He got a chuckle out of it anyway.

BTW, that's "mustn't", not "musn't".
Whoa! I guess it's true that you can learn something every day! Thank you Aslan! :joker:
Ir-regardless still ain't right!

aslan

prankster said:
Whoa! I guess it's true that you can learn something every day! Thank you Aslan! :joker:
Ir-regardless still ain't right!
'Tain't wrong either--just not generally accepted.

Definition of IRREGARDLESS

nonstandard : regardless

Usage Discussion of IRREGARDLESS

Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

aslan

zengrifter said:
Irrespective of what you just quoted? zg
What I quoted advised using regardless instead of irregardless based on the fact that regardless is generally accepted. But I find irregardless irresistible, because if enough people use it, it will become generally accepted by definition--then the "experts" will be on "my" side, irregardless of current usage, which will become alternative, non-standard or, perhaps, archaic. No word is irreplaceable!

21gunsalute

aslan said:
'Tain't wrong either--just not generally accepted.

Definition of IRREGARDLESS

nonstandard : regardless

Usage Discussion of IRREGARDLESS

Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless
Give my irregards to Broadway.

zoomie

A couple of more scenes

1. 1st base draws a splittable pair but is tapped. Next player offers to put up the money for the 2nd hand, and the offer is accepted. The cards? 8s against a dealer face . . . :cry:

2. Sp21. Guy surrenders on soft 13. :cry:

3. Huge positive count. Two max bets out. Split first hand, then doubled on one of those. Lost it all . . . :whip:

4. Early on, went down 200 units. :flame: Won back 160 units. :) This game is one wild ride.

5. Carefully positioned my play on NY Eve to face the front entrance to my favorite store. Oh, yeah, love the clubbing outfits the girls wear these days. :cool2: