Moving to a level 2 counting system?

rukus

FLASH1296 said:
rukus,

"You are entitled to you opinion", as we say in this country, BUT I believe steadfastly in "The Hacker Ethic" - which is most often presented in the abbreviated form - "All information strives to be free."

When I buy music or books I have the right, (in my mind, the virtual obligation), to SHARE with others.

When I use bootleg software I either quickly delete it from my computer or I purchase a registered copy of same.

Books / Music have always been shared between friends.
i have ZERO stake in any of this, and dont want to hijack this thread, so this will be my last response in this thread (feel free to start another one somewhere else). but you do not have the right to distribute something copyrighted that you paid for. feel free to give away the actual copy you bought, but to make a million copies is illegal without the copyright owner's permission. that this is illegal isnt my opinion, it is fact.

feel free to spread all the material you want, as long as you are the one who created it.

daddybo

rukus said:
i have ZERO stake in any of this, and dont want to hijack this thread, so this will be my last response in this thread (feel free to start another one somewhere else). but you do not have the right to distribute something copyrighted that you paid for. feel free to give away the actual copy you bought, but to make a million copies is illegal without the copyright owner's permission. that this is illegal isnt my opinion, it is fact.

feel free to spread all the material you want, as long as you are the one who created it.
Would it be Illegal for Flash to let me borrow a copy he paid for? (not hijacking the the read either just curious-- ok, I'm hijacking.)