Multiplayer BlackJack: what is the advantage?

Hello,

Could you please elaborate what's the advantage of multiplayer BlackJack.

Your win in BlackJack corresponds to your bet, for example if you bet $10 you will win $10 or $15 unless what other players have bet. Please correct me if I am wrong, I looked through lots of sites and saw this rule everywhere.

So why should I choose a table with several players instead of playing one-to-one with dealer?

May be I win more if there are several players at the table?

Thanks in advance.

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
yamski said:
Your win in BlackJack corresponds to your bet, for example if you bet $10 you will win $10 or $15 unless what other players have bet.
Sounds like you are confused about the basics. What other players bet, win, or lose does not affect your payout in any way directly.

There is virtually no effect on your play on any given hand by other players present at the table. HockeXpert points out the biggest effect. The game moves slower, and if you are not playing with an advantage that means less money lost per hour.

So if summarize what you said is:
The only difference of multiplayer game for the players is the speed of the game. (Surly the number of players is important for the dealer, it decreases the probability to win for the dealer). The win does not depend on number of players like in Poker.
Please let me know if you see something wrong or missing here.

Thanks

HockeXpert

yamski said:
So if summarize what you said is:
The only difference of multiplayer game for the players is the speed of the game.
Correct.

yamski said:
(Surly the number of players is important for the dealer, it decreases the probability to win for the dealer). The win does not depend on number of players like in Poker.
Each hand is an individual sampling, including the dealer's, and there is zero effect on anyone's outcome, including the dealer's, based on how many hands are dealt.

yamski said:
Please let me know if you see something wrong or missing here.
The concept that more hands = weaker dealer results is wrong.

MangoJ

I can only guess where your misconception is, maybe you misunderstand the role of the dealer.

If Player A has a 18, Player B has a 20, and the Dealer has a 19 - it doesn't mean that the Dealer lose against all players simultaneous. The Dealer lose against Player B, but he wins against Player A. So he pays B his winnings, and collect the stake from B.

Blackjack is not Poker. If the Dealer holds a Poker hand (as in most home games), the Dealer will lose his hand at showdown if one of the players has a stronger hand. This is very different from Blackjack, where the Dealer effectively plays a heads-up-game to each of the players.

shadroch

When playing one on one with the dealer, the dealer will get around 50% of the BJs. When playing at a table with four other players, he'll only get about 20% of them.
Which scenerio would you prefer?:devil:

shadroch said:
When playing one on one with the dealer, the dealer will get around 50% of the BJs. When playing at a table with four other players, he'll only get about 20% of them.
Which scenerio would you prefer?:devil:
You will also get 50% of the BJs heads up, and BJ pays you 3-2.