Mystic Lake MINN

Blue Efficacy

NVYCHIEF17 said:
Believe me I have been burned the other way as well. But that was more when i betting out of anger and trying to progress my up.....I rarely bet table max unless I am at the DD and advantage is in my favor. I rather win the small battles and make a small profit, then try to go for the throat and win big everytime and end up broke....
So you are learning to count cards? Good deal.

If you don't go for the throat they should tolerate you for a good while.

My buddy has been showing me....We play together. We use hi-lo, and will 5 count as well. It's been working pretty well so far...I will play reckless enough to keep the heat down..

Blue Efficacy said:
So you are learning to count cards? Good deal.

If you don't go for the throat they should tolerate you for a good while.
Well 2 nights in a row I played high stakes bought for a hundred each time and walked $1000 and 1500 up each night....in 2 hours of play each night..one shoe swung so far postive I bet 75 and pushed it to table max off the winnings I won 3 hands at the 500 limit. Played 2 more to lose a few...left and felt pretty good.

If you bet 200

IT would be treated as a 199 bet. So you would get 199*1.5=(200)*1.5-1*1.5= 300-1.5. So you would get 298.5. The dealer would give you 3 blacks and a white chip and take away pink (2.5).

waugh

Blue Efficacy

allister123 said:
DO NOT GO THERE AFTERNOON TO EVENING. They back everybody off.
Who is everybody?

Stay away from double deck and don't get too greedy and you should be fine.

I do generally stay away from swing shift, but that's because I don't like the crowds and the higher minimums.

Ok , went to Minneapolis last weekend. On the way back to iowa , i went to mystic lake. I was surprised by the pen by the dealer. May be it was a mistake on her part but the pen was less than a deck, about .75 deck or so in a 6 deck shoe. I played two shoes and seriously the count was super high at the end of both of them. Heat was there , it was about 4 pm or so. The pit boss was staring at the chips as if i was stealing or something. He insisted on me taking a club card even after saying twice i dont want it , i am just visiting. Anyway , they have

DAS , H17 , surrender

Last edited:
Heat?

I play Mystic about once a week...in my rotation in MN.

Generally steer clear of High Stakes since they don't have anything better to do than scrutinize your play/bets/etc.

The DD game on the floor generally has excellent pen - I would estimate at least 80%.

In a casual conversation with one of the regular High Stakes dealers who was helping out on the floor he said that is is very unusual to see a player get asked to leave or have their bets capped. His opinion was that no one seemed to win on a regular basis so they don't worry much about it.

Just one dealers opinion...but I thought I would share.

Never have felt any heat personally...keep my betting structure reasonable with some occasional cover play and lot's of chat with the dealers and table.

chichow

Outside though is limited to 199 in terms of max bet. So the DD on the outside is a 1-4 spread limit just by the table itself 25 - 199.

In the HL room max bet is 1000 and the table spread is usually 1-20.

Blue Efficacy

chichow said:
Outside though is limited to 199 in terms of max bet. So the DD on the outside is a 1-4 spread limit just by the table itself 25 - 199.

In the HL room max bet is 1000 and the table spread is usually 1-20.
25-199 is actually just shy of 1-8.

There is no DD in High Limit, most all of it is 4D, with LS.
The higher tables there offer a 1-10 spread.

chichow

oh silly me. I'm not usually one to write something like that without catching it. I was so focused on the 50 - 1000 limit tables in HL, that I wrote 1 - 4 on the outside DD instead of 1 - 8 in terms of the spread.

Apologies.

--

I haven't seen DD in the high limit room for years at Mystic.
The new high limit room is much nicer than the old one with the railings.

chichow

and its probably not clear from either of our posts.

DD is only on the main floor where perhaps by state law??? table max is 199. The main floor also has various shoe games.

The high limit room only has 4D and 6D shoes and no DD

Blue Efficacy

I've read the agreements with the state, and any table allowing bets $200 or more must be subject to increased surveillance and have more pit critters around, such as in a HL room.

This is why you see some places with maxes of 199 or 195.

toastblows

Blue Efficacy said:
I've read the agreements with the state, and any table allowing bets $200 or more must be subject to increased surveillance and have more pit critters around, such as in a HL room.

This is why you see some places with maxes of 199 or 195.
Wow you must be correct....now that i think about it 199 is the max I have ever witnessed on the general floors in MN....learn something new everyday.

I was playing turtle lake recently and they have no HS...so you have 25-500 bets on the main floor on 2 decks.....just another reason to skip MN :laugh: