negative count index?

I know that the best thing is to walk away if you have a negative count. However, if that is not practical can I change basic strategy to mitigate my losses? I was thinking hand like 12 or 13 vs dealer 2-7 hit. If the count is negative the likely hood is I will get something other then a 10 therefor, my hand will be better against what ever the dealer has. Does this make sense?

Sonny

The right idea

The most valuable negative indices are in the Frequently Asked Questions thread, but the more you know the better off you are.

-Sonny-

Sucker

I'm not aware of ANY counting system that DOESN'T take this into account. Where did you find one that doesn't have matrix numbers for negative counts? If you have one, you need to return it & get your money back.

Sucker said:
I'm not aware of ANY counting system that DOESN'T take this into account. Where did you find one that doesn't have matrix numbers for negative counts? If you have one, you need to return it & get your money back.
A backcounting system.

What's very interesting about backcounting indices is that the most important ones are very different from the ones we consider to be the I-18. In order, they are: split 10's vs. 6, split 10's vs 5, and hit/stand 15 vs. 10.

What this does is totally change the weights of the cards for playing efficiency when backcounting. There is no longer any benefit to using ace-neutral or Zen counts. High-Low becomes as good as anything, even for play decisions.

I guess I should have read the FAQ post more carefully. I completely missed the negative index. However, I have a follow up question. I have been training to use red seven system, I will be playing at a shoe game (6 deck). According to one web sight I should start my count at -12, and start increasing my bet at +1. If I where to use this system Would I then start using - 13 as -1 per these - indexes or is there a better index for this counting system?

Brock Windsor

If you're a newb best to get a copy of Blackbelt in Blackjack if you want to use red 7. It has a lot of worthwhile info. I wouldn't worry about any negative indicies if you're playing shoe games. I also wouldn't play the negative counts.
-BW