Negative Variance Sucks Ass!!

Just a venting thread guys. I was running pretty good for about a month but just got smack with the negative turnaround and it sucks ass. Im getting sick of doubling my max bet and making the 20 and having the dealer roll out the last 5 in the deck for 21. I know it will end but it doesn't seem like it right now. To make it worse my GF was with me the other night and she walked up right as I was taking insurance on 2 large bets. She questioned my play out loud telling me that "BS says never take insurance! You were the one who told me to always play BS!" Needless to say I lost the insurance bet and both bets I had out and got a lecture about gambling from the GF. I guess when it goes bad it all goes bad.

aslan

My sentiments exactly! When it goes bad it seems like it will never end.

I have learned to play shorter sessions instead of trying to always leave each session a winner. That way, I don't incur any single huge loser. I might incur a series of smaller losers, but they are easier to deal with emotionally, at least, for me, and they help me to get the rest I need to be at the top of my game mentally and emotionally.

I Feel Bad, But Laughed

I am sorry about your bad swing, but when you mentioned the GF I laughed out loud.

Women you gotta love em:joker::whip:

As Rhino stated, have a talk with the GF

Hang in there I had a rough night last weekend...could never seem to win when I had the big bets out and I had ploppies hitting 13's vs a dealers 6

21forme

It happens.
Last week, I had my biggest single day win.
This week, I had my biggest single day loss.
Fortunately, the win was bigger.

You definitely need to talk to GF. Next time she'll see your big bet and say "the count must be real good now."

Sometimes counter moves are good for clearing a table. I was in a big count. I spread to 2 hands and dealer got 2 BJs in a row. One of the ploppies started yelling at me for changing the cards in the dealer's favor after the first one. After the second one, where I won the insurance bet (10 was showing on the first one, so no ins), she sat out and then the other players at the table did, too. I got to finish the shoe by myself, which brought me back from 100u down to 20u down and the shoe ended at a +8 TC.

Brock Windsor

Worst Drawdown

What is everyones worst drawdown on their BR in a negative run peak to trough? Any full kelly bettors have those nice %50 drawdowns or bigger?
-BW

razzle said:
Just a venting thread guys. I was running pretty good for about a month but just got smack with the negative turnaround and it sucks ass. Im getting sick of doubling my max bet and making the 20 and having the dealer roll out the last 5 in the deck for 21.
A little unusal to count 5's in the deck what count were you using ? Could it be The Ace-5 Count ? No wonder you are not winning !

EasyRhino

Brock Windsor said:
What is everyones worst drawdown on their BR in a negative run peak to trough? Any full kelly bettors have those nice %50 drawdowns or bigger?
'round 30%, twice. Not full Kelly, but probably more than half Kelly.