New at Blackjack, Advice for Learning

Hi,

I'm new at learning Blackjack. Have been a losing poker player for years :p

I'm wondering about a few DVDs and if they are worthwile:

1. 60 Minutes to Winning Blackjack
2. Beating Blackjack with Andy Bloch
3. Seymon Dukach Blackjack Science (2 DVDs)

Also I have The Gamemaster's Online Lessons and noticed there are 2 DVDs that go with them. Are they worth it?

I find it much easier to learn from video than reading books.

Any other suggestions would be great!

Thanks for any help!

Drums

ExhibitCAA

Of those three choices, I think you are best off with Andy Bloch's materials, and need not bother with the others, at least not until you've digested Andy's stuff. Andy's the real deal--a sharp guy who has had skillfull success at both blackjack and poker.

shadroch

I'd certainly skip the first one. The other two are by reputable people, but I'm not familar with those exact works. I started with those GameMaster lessons and found them pretty helpful.

The piece of advice/technique that helped me the most was learning to count card in groups of 2 or 4 as most cards cancel each other out like if someone is dealt k2 you do not have to add anything to your count and can ignore them just like you would a black 7,any 8, any 9 (note i am using a red7 count here). Eventually you will be able to scan the cards at the table very quickly and ignore most of them because of the groupings of cards leaving time to do other things necessary to avoid heat from the pit bosses or whatever you desire.