New to Card counting

Hi, I'm a newbie Black Jack player, and I've only started playing because I lost my job and Foxwoods comps me two rooms a week for the summer. During my last three trips I've done well using basic strategy, however I would like to learn how to count cards. My problem is that I don't have the best fast counting skills (I'm ok at math but adding a lot of numbers in my head at the same time takes me a little bit). I would like to know if there are any tricks out there that will help me learn how to count accurately.

I would also like to learn an easy counting system.

Thanks

johndoe

Unless you have a ridiculous amount of money in the bank, learning to count right now is a VERY bad idea. And so is gambling. Stop before you lose.

If you have the discipline, by all means enjoy the free rooms, but if you aren't playing at an advantage don't play at all. You cannot afford it, being unemployed. If you can't resist the temptation, don't go.

Once you have >$10,000 (or >$20k) of completely disposable cash that you are willing to risk losing, *then* start thinking about counting cards.

Sonny

Mad Mally said:
I would like to know if there are any tricks out there that will help me learn how to count accurately.
Practice. That's the only way to improve your skills. The more you practice, the better and faster you will get. If you still have to add up your hand totals, you aren't ready to practice card counting yet. Keep working on basic strategy and playing the game. After that you can think about adding other skills.

-Sonny-