Newbie player looking for advice on next step

Hi guys, been lurking around here for a couple of months and been playing BJ for about 4, and would really like to start taking it more seriously than just a night out with the friends (not that that's a bad thing). I've got my basic strat down, and actually made $300 in a couple of hours this week on mostly flat betting the table min. I'm building up a bankroll, but slowly, and in the mean time am looking for stuff to read on AP: books, other sites, and the like. Been working on counting when I sit down at a table, and definitely need to work on my speed and determining a TC.

And as I live in CT Mohegan and Foxwoods are the options available most of the time, though AC trips aren't out of the question.

FLASH1296

A.C. cannot readily be described as "worth the trip"

As low stakes games at Foxwoods are now H17, you need to switch to Mohegan Sun.

Mohegan Sun is all 6 decks instead of 8 and remain S17; however the level of penetration there is pathetic.
Typically, you can expect the dealer to cut off between 1.9 and 2.4 decks.
On occasion you can luck into a dealer who forgets himself and cuts off "only" 1.6 decks.
If you learn how to count cards you will at least be able to do better than "breaking even" at Mohegan Sun.

P.M. me when you gain the privilege to do so, after posting 10 messages.

Personally I like Mohegan better anyway, though it seems to take a lot of heat on here. As far as AC goes, only been there once and it was more to party than to gamble (yes I played at a $1 table while there), but if there was any place worth going down there to play at, I figured someone here would know. If the games worse than up here though, I'll keep the table money home and just bring the drinking money.

FLASH1296

scooter185,

Welcome,

When you have posted 10 times you will have earned the privilege of sending / receiving P.M.'s [Private Messages][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Last edited: