on location report Charlestown Races & Slots

aslan

Not all the tables will be open at 8 pm. From observation, most games will be hand shuffled, with a few ASMs.

aslan

I see what appears to be both 6 and 8 deck discard bins. I noticed 6 card bins in the HL area, which I do not think will be open tonight. There are 6 player spots at each table. H17 3 to 2 payout No games are currently open, not even roulette.

aslan

I suspect it will be too crowded to play tonight with only some of the tables open. Also, the Game King VP machines@are behind cordoned off area. VP is a welcome addition to CT, but there are't many. I count 12. So far.

PS--I found a few more when leaving. No JOB. The deuces wild seemed good, but I don't know the payout schedule for the better ones.

Last edited:

aslan

Accordind to.a PC they plan to have double deck, I hope he knew what he was talking about, I had reason to doubt him since he said they planned to have DD tonight, but it was subject to commission approval. What?? If they were planning to have DD tonight, surely the GC approved it long ago.?????

Last edited:

aslan

what a nightmare! 4 pits, but only one pit open. When I got here sevaral of the tables in the open pit were still not open. People have been waiting at those tables for three hours and they are just now opening! It is so crowded that the lowest min is 25. Okay. First shoe at this table....pen is decent. I think I'll stick around. Lol

Last edited:

aslan

Pitifully slow dealers. Paid once on a push--bad feeling. ASM. Dealer could hardly pick up the csrds and put them in the shoe. At first dealer was giving a good look at his hole card when checking for BJ, but after several hands the PC corrected him, so that was the end of that. Very crowded with two rows of players behind me waiting for a seat. $25 table got raised to $50 with no grandfathering. Will be 100% better next week when all the tables are open. Heard a rumor that they don't evev have all their tables licensed yet. Cashier line a mile long because not all the surveillance cameras were working so some stations could not handle money.

Last edited:

FLASH1296

Reliable source info'

today:

They had only one pit open when we arrived, and the blackjack was 8 deck H17 with a random cut between 1.25 and 2 decks.
Every table was $25-$1000 or $50-1000 (in a pit that was probably intended to house $5 tables).
Getting a seat without camping behind it was all but impossible.

The poker room was not open. They hope to open a subset of their 27 tables tonight.

Smoke was omnipresent, suggesting that their ventalation can't handle it since there weren't that many smokers.

Needless to say, we left without placing a bet.

Last edited:

hopson77

Hoping things improve on Monday. I had planned to stay out there Monday night, but now I'm considering canceling my hotel room so I don't get stuck staying in town if the games stay terrible.

aslan

hopson77 said:
Hoping things improve on Monday. I had planned to stay out there Monday night, but now I'm considering canceling my hotel room so I don't get stuck staying in town if the games stay terrible.
I heard that all the pits will not be open until Tuesday. I also heard that they are still getting licenses for some of the tables which I find absurd at this late date. Definitely check ahead to see the status of the tables. They still have workmen in the closed pits working on final details I suppose, and they are having trouble with some of the security cameras.