one question

so my question is:do you think that more complicated counting systems (for example Uston SS cc system) are more efficient in the game than for example Hi-Lo system?

johndoe

Yes, objectively they are, but not by a huge amount. But they are also very complicated and you're much more likely to make mistakes. This usually more than negates any advantage except for those with a great deal of experience.

Brock Windsor

My opinion is that a player can play longer sessions and with greater accuracy by using the simpler count due to the fact that it is less taxing mentally. With perfect play and equivalent hands seen, switching from a level 1 count to a level 2 count will add 10-20% to your overall expectation depending on whether you play shoes or pitch games. I think the vast majority of players are better served using their time to scout better games, play with greater betting accuracy, play error free, and longer sessions at a level one count. Their are additional bj skills one could learn that are a much better use of time than learning a level 2 count. There are those level 2 counters who will contest they play perfectly and for the same duration using either count, I believe those that can to be in the minority.
-BW