Optimal Situation at 6deck blackjack for counting

Hi everyone, I am new here and this is my first post. I have been practicing counting for around 100 hours now and I have a few questions. What is the ideal rules and situation for the card counter at 6deck blackjack? When a dealer hits on a soft 17 is that advantageous for the counter or no? Also where can I find this ideal game in Atlantic City? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to put my work to the test in AC real soon, just want to know what table to sit at. Thanks

FLASH1296

An otherwise marginal or playable BJ shoe game is often rendered completely unplayable
by the addition of the H17 rule - simply stated that means that the dealer hits her Soft 17's

If Late Surrender is offered that will approximately offset the H17 rule.

The most important factor is the depth of penetration.
Even fairly poor rules are offset by a very deep penetration.
If H17 is present and the game is not well dealt it cannot be played.
A game with excellent rules is rendered miserable if the pen' is poor.
70% is poor. 75% pen' is marginal. 80% is very good. 85% is excellent.

FLASH1296

Your best low stakes opportunities in A.C. are at Borgata, Tropicana and Hilton.

Check out threads pertinent to this issue in the appropriate forum on this site.

Grisly Dreams

I always thought the notations "H17" and "S17" were quite poorly chosen, given that both Hard/Soft and Hit/Stand start with the same letters. :confused:

I try to stay the hell away from games where the dealer hits on soft 17s.

FLASH1296

What many amateur BJ players fail to understand is that the cost of H17, at .2%, is quite
ruinous AND it may require a few changes to Basic Strategy, especially in "pitch games"

bj bob

FLASH1296 said:

What many amateur BJ players fail to understand is that the cost of H17, at .2%, is quite
ruinous AND it may require a few changes to Basic Strategy, especially in "pitch games"
This is correct, the H/S-17 difference is quite substantial, but the lackadaisical attitude towards the considerable HA inherent in multi-deck (.37+) always has been befuddling to me. :confused: