Pa sp21

Has anyone else noticed that the rules put out by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board for SP21 only allow players to double down on the 1st 2 cards?

They claim it is to keep the game simpler for all the new dealers and that they might change it in the future.

Not only does this make the game worse but it's all the extra rules that make it enjoyable to play the game instead of BJ all the time.

assume_R

My guess is that the H.E. will be too high with the "double on first 2 only" and ploppies will start to lose money very fast and they will lose patrons for their Sp21 games. Just a guess. Maybe ploppies normally only double on their first two cards and therefore that rule isn't very useful for them? Hmmmm...

Seems odd, but it probably won't be all that destructive a rule change. The value of the rule decreases with number of cards because you lose the chance for a multi-card bonus.

I probably won't play it, but if you do don't forget to adjust your DD strategy.

iwantblackjack

Well, i skimmed through Chapter549 of PA Doc 10-323, which is about blackjack. I found this intersting: "(d) The player shall cut the cards by placing the cutting card in the stack at least 10 cards in from the top or bottom of the stack." NOT at least 1 deck or other nonsense rule elsewhere. Of course, they're temporary rules. Does Atlantic City have the same documents available for review? How about California? Nevada? Florida? Kansas? Indiana? Louisiana?