Pai Gow Poker

Does anyone out there play Pai Gow Poker? I have some friends who play mainly because they call it a "push game" and they can buy in for $60 and "play awhile". I was curious if there was a way to gain an advantage on this game or is it a "killer" for the house. I like playing the game as well, but was wondering if I should stick to craps when not playing blackjack. :)

shadroch

Cass said:
http://wizardofodds.com/paigowpoker

looks like a 1.46% HA. Better stick to craps and bj
It's a much slower game than BJ. I doubt you play much more than 25 hands an hour,so you can't compare the two strictly by house advantage.
Playing one on one with a dealer,you might play 200 hands an hour.
200x$25=$50,000 xHA(.05)=$250 in expected losses.
Pai Gow poker;25 handsx$25=$625 x HA(1.5)=$10 in e.l..
Thats why PG Poker is considered a push game,as is Let It Ride and 3 Card Poker.

Cass

shadroch said:
It's a much slower game than BJ. I doubt you play much more than 25 hands an hour,so you can't compare the two strictly by house advantage.
Playing one on one with a dealer,you might play 200 hands an hour.
200x$25=$50,000 xHA(.05)=$250 in expected losses.
Pai Gow poker;25 handsx$25=$625 x HA(1.5)=$10 in e.l..
Thats why PG Poker is considered a push game,as is Let It Ride and 3 Card Poker.

Good point, but you are off by a decimal point. Should read $25 E.l. for blackjack.

Thanks for the reply guys. I like seeing the math to it all...it doesn't lie. I enjoy playing craps on occasion and I have heard the house advantage is "low" when only playing the come line and a couple of numbers with odds. I don't seem to get hurt too bad when doing this and occasionally make some money.

Dyepaintball12

Yeah in Craps you can get the house advantage down pretty low by betting on the Pass line with max odds, and then Come line with max odds too if you want.

Dyepaintball12 said:
Yeah in Craps you can get the house advantage down pretty low by betting on the Pass line with max odds, and then Come line with max odds too if you want.
craps was among the top3 for lowest house adv. thanks for the info i will look into craps. :)