Penatration in a 6 deck shoe

EyeHeartHalves

Define "average penetration."

Doofus is correct in sense. That is, Nevada. In 2006, AC had 3 6-deck games. The Taj cut off 1.5, the Plaza cut off 2.0 and the Borgata fluctuated from 1.0 to 2.0. As of 2007, the Taj no longer has a 6-deck game, Plaza is the same and Borgata cuts off 2.0 to 2.5 decks. Thus, 1.5 is no longer the average for New Jersey--2.0 is. 1.5 still seems to be the average in Nevada.

As side-note: Belgium is only 10 to 15% penetration and the Netherlands is completely CSM (5-deck).

Harman

EyeHeartHalves said:
As side-note: Belgium is only 10 to 15% penetration and the Netherlands is completely CSM (5-deck).

WOW, are you serious. I'm keeping away from there, thanks for the note. :whip:

moo321

I didn't realize AC had gotten that bad. I almost took a trip there, but I'm not driving that far so I can back count 8 deckers.

EyeHeartHalves

The best I've ever seen:

The best I "hope for" in Las Vegas is 75% pen. of a 6-deck but still see a few dealers who routinely cut 83% pen. People complain so much about 8-deck but I love it. I've trained myself to only play 8-deck as a rookie. I can still find some dealers who routinely cut 87.5% pen. on 8-deck. Now, you ask the best 6-deck pen. I've ever seen but I'd rather play seven eighths of a shoe over five sixth's any day. Plus, if you are shuffle tracking, 67% is better than 83%.

moo321

EyeHeartHalves said:
The best I "hope for" in Las Vegas is 75% pen. of a 6-deck but still see a few dealers who routinely cut 83% pen. People complain so much about 8-deck but I love it. I've trained myself to only play 8-deck as a rookie. I can still find some dealers who routinely cut 87.5% pen. on 8-deck. Now, you ask the best 6-deck pen. I've ever seen but I'd rather play seven eighths of a shoe over five sixth's any day. Plus, if you are shuffle tracking, 67% is better than 83%.
You may not realize, but the SCORE on 8 most deck games is awful, even with back-counting. There's a huge difference between 6 and 8 decks, and not nearly as much difference between back-counting 6 decks and playing all in 2.

Kasi

EyeHeartHalves said:
I'd guess I'd rather play a 5/6 game than a 7/8 if those were my only choices.

bjcount

mohegun pen

Mohegun is at least a 2 deck + pen (6 deck) with the younger dealers lining up the cut card with the notch on the shoe (.67). A few "experienced" dealers cutting less when you show some tokes.
Had to leave some tables yesterday when dealers cut nearly 2.5 decks.

Where are the cuts 1-1.5?

mjbballar23

bjcount said:
Mohegun is at least a 2 deck + pen (6 deck) with the younger dealers lining up the cut card with the notch on the shoe (.67). A few "experienced" dealers cutting less when you show some tokes.
Had to leave some tables yesterday when dealers cut nearly 2.5 decks.

Where are the cuts 1-1.5?
Were you playing all with 4/6 pen? If so you are KILLING your winning rate by playing through all of the negative counts.

As for the 1-1.5 deck cuts they are becoming more and more rare. You might be able to find some at Foxwoods, but other than that you probably wont find anything even close on the east coast.

bjcount

killing my win rate

4/6 kills me.... I have been leaving more tables in the past 4 months then ever before. My wife says countings a waste of time, as she wins more then me playing match the dealer on many tables. When we get a "workable dealer" or better pen. my wins substantially outpace hers, but at times so do my losses..

You cant negotiate with a $5 slot player.....every hit is a minimum of 20 to 1... She prefers the long shots...

Her best is " if I was playing her hands, we'ed have made a bundle", but she still plays out her hand her own way... go figure...

eandre

Pen varies with nearly every dealer. Counting 101 says to find those dealers who cut less off. But if you must play with poor pen, then increase your spread and play on the lowest min table you can find. Remember, play all has alot of waiting bets in a 6 or 8 deck shoe. Zg once posted a technique to eat those cards up during negative counts by spreading to a second or third hand...at times it's very profitable and a great counter's cover as long as you don't raise your bet too. At a $5/$10 table those waiting bets don't hurt as much. You will find that pen improves if you move to high stakes. At the $100/$200 tables you can normally find a 1-1.5 cut off. I have been able to get many dealers to vary the pen by suggesting if they cut off less then they don't have to shuffle as often...appeal to their human side by "helping" them. As to anyone who plays match the dealer...Mohegan payouts make it a 4%+ house game and even worse at Foxwoods. Would we be playing blackjack at those odds? I'm just trying to help.