Penetrating Indecision of Indices

sagefr0g

blackjack avenger said:
Aren't all the screen shots the same? If so I would expect them to all have the same ev?
they do look the same, but each screen shot involved the various penetrations as described in the post that included the screen shots.

Canceler

Mr. Fr0g:

That pen setting you showed sets the shuffle point for when you are playing the GAME!

To show what you’re trying to show, you need to remove enough cards from the blue “Comp” row into the black “Rem” row to equal the penetration percentage you’re trying to illustrate.

sagefr0g

Canceler said:
Mr. Fr0g:

That pen setting you showed sets the shuffle point for when you are playing the GAME!

To show what you’re trying to show, you need to remove enough cards from the blue “Comp” row into the black “Rem” row to equal the penetration percentage you’re trying to illustrate.
ahh ok, got it! darn, didn't know that, lol.
ok, i'll try it all again.
edit: good grief this is gonna take a while, complicated to set it up at tc=4 at some pen.... and then for another pen.... and once that's done, it's just for one state for that pen........ lol.

sagefr0g

is this at least a little better?

ok so here goes, so maybe more like the images added below?
this sure turned out a confusing thing for me, first not understanding entirely how tdca worked in regard to penetration, and then even really how to conceptualize penetration and depth, sorta thing......
like normally, i've thought of penetration with respect to mainly the deeper penetration a pack has, the better because you have more opportunity for a positive count and advantage presenting before a shuffle.
but now this problem posed by blackjackavenger, and trying to use tdca to address the problem makes for thinking about penetration more in terms of depth, sorta thing. seemingly, the deeper one can get into the pack for an indice the better the ev will be for making that bs departure.:rolleyes:
so is this more of a floating advantage sort of effect?:confused:

Attachments

Thanks Froggy

As you stated I am sure this was tricky to set up. Thanks Canceler for the assist. I was aware something was not right, but not sure what to advise.

I did notice that the top panel has TC4 and the bottom TC4.1. Nothwistanding, It does seem to show improved performance for the indice with depth. I think it's fair to say the indice drops very slightly.

Thanks for your time.

One possibility is early in the shoe make sure you are over your indice value before you act and later in the shoe if a coin flip decision one can act. However, this is tricky. Let's take our 15v10 at TC4. This will be toward the end of the shoe anyway. So you may have to be very very deep before the indice drops enough to act sooner. As I and others have stated there does not seem to be a lot here we can really use.

:joker::whip:

good cards