phoenix arizona newbie

Hi, As the title states I am new to card counting, i have basic strategy down cold and am practicing my counts I first adopted hi-lo and can keep running count but converting is almost 100% not quite with distractions noise etc. but recently found the ko and unbalanced red 7 types and found those to be much easier, but it seems the time to get a good count takes a long time coming down from -12 in a 6 deck shoe. Another thing I am noticing alot is on videos training etc the dealer actor deals off the first car to 1st base not his hole card facedown at most of the native gaming out here that ive been to they deal the first card facedown to themselves does this affect and advantage!? Thx for the help in advance,

EasyRhino

I'm used to the dealer dealing the first card to 1st base, but if they deal it to themselves... no big deal.

Also, some places will have the dealers first card be the down card, or other times, the up card. No real difference.

It can take a long time until a shoe will reach positive territory, in fact, there will be some shoes where the count never reaches a worthwhile threshold.

okay thanks for the help the only reason i thought it might be a difference if the shoe is rich in tens/ aces they will get the first crack etc. but thanks for clearing it up.