Play UBT.com

Hope I'm in the right forum. Not much point to this point really because the question will have resolved itself in less than 24 hours. I have qualified for the final table for the trip to France, along with approximately 1,000 other players ha ha, but I'm determined to give it a shot. Clearly I won't find many people betting their whole whack on the first bet at this level of tournament play but I'm questioning whether agressive or passive at first is the way to go. I'm prone to betting 2500 for the first 5 hands NO MATTER WHAT. Takes patience to make myself do this at first but it really helped to weed out the kamikaze players. Lately I've been making a starting bet of 7500 which I think will be rather high at tomorrow's game.

I had better make a good showing; I've brushed off dinner with a visiting uncle and my dad; I've asked them to come for coffee afterwards and I'm sure they'll be expect nothing short of victory for missing dinner LOL.

ScottH

Coz123 said:
Hope I'm in the right forum. Not much point to this point really because the question will have resolved itself in less than 24 hours. I have qualified for the final table for the trip to France, along with approximately 1,000 other players ha ha, but I'm determined to give it a shot. Clearly I won't find many people betting their whole whack on the first bet at this level of tournament play but I'm questioning whether agressive or passive at first is the way to go. I'm prone to betting 2500 for the first 5 hands NO MATTER WHAT. Takes patience to make myself do this at first but it really helped to weed out the kamikaze players. Lately I've been making a starting bet of 7500 which I think will be rather high at tomorrow's game.

I had better make a good showing; I've brushed off dinner with a visiting uncle and my dad; I've asked them to come for coffee afterwards and I'm sure they'll be expect nothing short of victory for missing dinner LOL.
I usually bet small the first few hands to see how everything is going, then a couple hands before the elim round I bet as necessary to get into a safe position.

However, betting it all on the first hand isn't as bad as you make it seem, it's actually not too bad of a strategy. If they win, you'll have a hell of a time trying to catch them later. It's just not my type of strategy though.