Playing multiple hands

Any information on which is more optimal, playing 2 or 3 hands is appreciated. I think I read a discussion on here before but can't seem to locate it.

Thanks for the help!

MangoJ

This depends on the number of players at the table. If the count is positive and you have other players at the table, you want to play many hands.

If you are heads up, you may want to restrict to single hand play, to get a more accurate count update between hands.

playerwh said:
Any information on which is more optimal, playing 2 or 3 hands is appreciated. I think I read a discussion on here before but can't seem to locate it.
It makes NO difference if you are not counting.

Do you know correct basic strategy cold? zg

prankster

Here's how I understand it. If you're counting and the count is elevated play multiple hands if there is at least one other player at the table. If the count is elevated and it looks like the shoe is about to end play multiple hands wheteher or not other players are at the table. Good cards!:joker:

jack.jackson

Its one thing, to spread to 1 to 2 or 3 hands based on the number of players, but isnt there a different perspective to this? Meaning isnt there a point where you want to switch to 2 hands based on the count, not the number of players?

If I find myself playing with 5 or 6 other players at the table, then wouldnt it be feasible just to play 2 spots, full time? to make up for the lost number of rounds per hour. Alot of times you dont have the option to spread 2 or 3 hands with a full table. So why not just play two or three spots instead?

Another thing, is when playing heads up, wont speading to two hands reduce your RoR while keeping the same WR?

Last edited:
You want more +count rounds per hour, not just more rounds per hour. Spreading to 2 hands in +counts gives you more rounds in +counts. Reducing to 1 hand in -counts gives the other players more rounds in -counts. If you're heads up, play just 1 spot all the time. An advantage of spreading from 0-2 spots is that it drives the ploppies crazy because you're "changing the flow" so they might leave.