Playing with Amateurs/Beginners

Qfit

QFIT said:
There are other players at the table?

Norm,

I formally invite you to the next BJ BASH, I am sure you could demonstrate your sofware and sell many units at the get together. It would also be interesting to see the master of this great software actually applying his genius at the tables..:cool::)

CP

Qfit

QFIT said:
I tend to avoid meetings of APs with more than a handful of participants.
Norm,

Why would that be??? And what is a handfull?

I think the BASH has been a great learning experience for all who have attended, and myself with over 14 years of playing still learn and benefit greatly from the "Real Deals" that have attended...from a purely business standpoint it would seem to me a great move for you.:confused:

CP

QFIT

After one party, a participant said he got my photo and suggested that he would post it online. He had already posted the pictures of two other APs online along with one of their license plate numbers. I'm certain he would have posted it, if he actually did have it.

Qfit

QFIT said:
After one party, a participant said he got my photo and suggested that he would post it online. He had already posted the pictures of two other APs online along with one of their license plate numbers. I'm certain he would have posted it, if he actually did have it.

Norm,

Yes, I am well aware of that incident.

We are not like those others and no cameras are allowed. I am under the impression you do not play all that much anymore so there is really nothing for you to worry about.

So....please attend the next BASH as our guest of honor. You will be among friends, with no egoes :)laugh:) or axes to grind or agendas to advance.

CP

QFIT

creeping panther said:
Norm,

Yes, I am well aware of that incident.
Ah, then you know that one should look both ways before crossing the street -- even if the street is ostensibly one-way.:)

creeping panther said:
We are not like those others and no cameras are allowed. I am under the impression you do not play all that much anymore so there is really nothing for you to worry about.
Of course you are correct, I play sporadically these days, at best. But, that doesn't mean that I want to burn bridges for no reason. I still wish to remain a viable player. And I have friends that travel good distances to go to exotic places and still get barred. I and others have burned several bridges over the last few years for what we believe were good reasons, at great cost. People I and others used to respect are no longer friends. But, I need a good reason when I burn a bridge.

creeping panther said:
So....please attend the next BASH as our guest of honor. You will be among friends, with no egoes :)laugh:) or axes to grind or agendas to advance.

CP
I thank you and will take it under consideration. But, like all APs, I look at all aspects and am a bit paranoid. I examine every post and every person. For example, the originator of this very thread came here to push progression software. He made his first six posts in 19 minutes, all innocuous, except for the signature that claimed you could save $500 by buying his progression software and guiding you to a site claiming progression systems work. I am thankful for whichever moderator removed his signature. (A signature you likely know he is actively pushing on another site.) He has also asked to be in the next Bash.

He and I are likely to not end up friends.:)

Incidentally, as paranoid as this post my sound, I am against over-paranoia. It can be damaging in many manners. One must keep a balance.

Qfit

QFIT said:
Ah, then you know that one should look both ways before crossing the street -- even if the street is ostensibly one-way.:)

Of course you are correct, I play sporadically these days, at best. But, that doesn't mean that I want to burn bridges for no reason. I still wish to remain a viable player. And I have friends that travel good distances to go to exotic places and still get barred. I and others have burned several bridges over the last few years for what we believe were good reasons, at great cost. People I and others used to respect are no longer friends. But, I need a good reason when I burn a bridge.

I thank you and will take it under consideration. But, like all APs, I look at all aspects and am a bit paranoid. I examine every post and every person. For example, the originator of this very thread came here to push progression software. He made his first six posts in 19 minutes, all innocuous, except for the signature that claimed you could save $500 by buying his progression software and guiding you to a site claiming progression systems work. I am thankful for whichever moderator removed his signature. (A signature you likely know he is actively pushing on another site.) He has also asked to be in the next Bash.

He and I are likely to not end up friends.:)

Incidentally, as paranoid as this post my sound, I am against over-paranoia. It can be damaging in many manners. One must keep a balance.
Norm,

Thanks for the heads up, the BASH is by invite and we are careful.

Yes, I know about those situations you speak of, but again we are not like that group, in fact very unlike....you should consider coming.

Thanks,
CP