Powersim

Hey, i just downloaded this sim and im having some trouble understanding some parts

For example:
It says there are four players who will flat bet? I put 234 so that players 2 3 and 4 will flat bet. Then it asks me what to bet for certain counts i put 0 for counts below -1 and then 5 for counts 0-2 and then 10 for counts +3 and up. Naturally im expecting player one's results to be the best(since thats the person placing the bets right?). HOWEVER the risk of ruin for players 1, 3 and 4 are all 100% but player 2's RoR is .072. This makes no sense to me. I changed the betting so that the player placing different bets would put 10 on +2 and up and zero on everything else. it pretty much gave me the same results.

Can anyone enlighten me?

EasyRhino

You might need more hands, 100k, million, 10 million, whatever.

Also, you may have structured the sim so the counter is doing it "wrong", increasing bets in negative counts or something, or using reversed card tags.

Canceler

EasyRhino said:
You might need more hands...
That was my first thought, too.

calisurfer619 - Do you feel like zipping your .sim file, and the associated .bin file, and attaching them to your next post? No guarantee I can help, but I'm willing to look at anything.

calisurfer619 said:
Hey, i just downloaded this sim and im having some trouble understanding some parts

For example:
It says there are four players who will flat bet? I put 234 so that players 2 3 and 4 will flat bet. Then it asks me what to bet for certain counts i put 0 for counts below -1 and then 5 for counts 0-2 and then 10 for counts +3 and up. Naturally im expecting player one's results to be the best(since thats the person placing the bets right?). HOWEVER the risk of ruin for players 1, 3 and 4 are all 100% but player 2's RoR is .072. This makes no sense to me. I changed the betting so that the player placing different bets would put 10 on +2 and up and zero on everything else. it pretty much gave me the same results.

Can anyone enlighten me?
You might want to get a REAL simware. zg