Question about a DD game

DeTalores

Although I know these rules are quite horrible, 2 decks, H17, D9, No DAS, No Surrender, Peek. They only cut off about 15-20, would this game be beatable due to the good penetration and a spread of about 1:8?

moo321

Those rules aren't horrible, per se. Slightly below average for double deck. The penetration makes it insanely good. Just to be clear, the cut card is at 15-20 cards?

FLASH1296

Losing the privilege of taking Insurance is very costly to the Card Counter.

I would NOT play without Insurance.

OOPS ! I stand corrected. Poster said "No Surrender", not "No Insurance".

Last edited:

bj bob

FLASH1296 said:
Losing the privilege of taking Insurance is very costly to the Card Counter.

I would NOT play without Insurance.
He never said NO INSURANCE, he said no surrender. :whip:

De

DeTalores said:
Although I know these rules are quite horrible, 2 decks, H17, D9, No DAS, No Surrender, Peek. They only cut off about 15-20, would this game be beatable due to the good penetration and a spread of about 1:8?
I for one would not be jumping up and down for joy.

CP

DeTalores said:
Yes. A bad game with good penetration is a good game.

moo321 said:
Beatable, but quite marginal. I'd rather wong 8 deckers.

Just out of curiosity how many chances do you get wonging 8 decks in a 8 hour period. My take is not that many. I personally would not even play a 8 deck game. I consider it a total waste of time and money. However, then if that's all you have so to be it.

InPlay said:
Just out of curiosity how many chances do you get wonging 8 decks in a 8 hour period. My take is not that many. I personally would not even play a 8 deck game. I consider it a total waste of time and money. However, then if that's all you have so to be it.
It depends. If you can backcount two tables you're going to be in the game all the time. If you can only backcount one, you'll want Schlesinger's ODP data to know the best time to walk away from a shoe and start backcounting a new one. Just parking at an 8D table and waiting to come in is not the way to do it, which is why I think a lot of rookies get turned off by it.

If you have an exposure problem in a store, you can limit your exposure a great deal simply by setting a very high standard to get into a game. If you are using High-Low, entering at +2 doesn't cost you much win rate compared to entering at +1, but it keeps you out of the game, which is a good thing. Playing between +1 and +2 you are exposing yourself for just a few dollars an hour, and it takes a lot more than that to get me to expose myself. :eek:

Automatic Monkey said:
It depends. If you can backcount two tables you're going to be in the game all the time. If you can only backcount one, you'll want Schlesinger's ODP data to know the best time to walk away from a shoe and start backcounting a new one. Just parking at an 8D table and waiting to come in is not the way to do it, which is why I think a lot of rookies get turned off by it.

If you have an exposure problem in a store, you can limit your exposure a great deal simply by setting a very high standard to get into a game. If you are using High-Low, entering at +2 doesn't cost you much win rate compared to entering at +1, but it keeps you out of the game, which is a good thing. Playing between +1 and +2 you are exposing yourself for just a few dollars an hour, and it takes a lot more than that to get me to expose myself. :eek:
I can't count 2 tables at once no way, so I would never be in the game. How do you do it? I would need at least 2 pair of eyes. One to play the game I am at and one to watch the other game. Do you have 4 eyes? I know the entering and exit point for the count I use so that's not a problem. I just could not physical do it. I think you would be making so many mistakes, you would never know the correct count, plus missing cards you don't see. Not worth the effort.

kewljason

InPlay said:
I can't count 2 tables at once no way, so I would never be in the game. How do you do it? I would need at least 2 pair of eyes. One to play the game I am at and one to watch the other game. Do you have 4 eyes? I know the entering and exit point for the count I use so that's not a problem. I just could not physical do it. I think you would be making so many mistakes, you would never know the correct count, plus missing cards you don't see. Not worth the effort.
Counting 2 tables at once isn't that hard at all. Especially if you are using a simple count. You glance at the table and in one nanosecond, pick up the count. (ok, maybe not a nanosecond, but a fraction of a second..lol) Sometimes rather than glancing at the table, you lean back and look at the reflections off the mirrored ceiling. And you really don't have to be 100% acurate. Just enough to know that 2 rounds into the shoe, the other game is a better value than the one you are currently playing. Then you pick up your chips and move your ass 4 feet. This has always been one of my arguments on using a simple count like hi-lo. Sure level 2 and 3 counts will perform slightly better, but you may miss out on these other opportunities. I wasn't able to play my game and count a second game nearly as easily when I was playing a level 2 count.

Last edited:

Nazgul

InPlay said:
I can't count 2 tables at once no way. How do you do it? I would need at least 2 pair of eyes.
Just stand behind two tables and keep the count for both. Either one of them will turn positive or you will reach your ODP. Either you play or move on. It aint rocket science. After a while you will probably get bored and wish that you could see a third table too. It's not nearly as hard as you make it sound.

InPlay said:
I'm not great at backcounting two tables but I will sometimes do it on the rare occasion that there are two adjacent tables with open seats. It's a practice thing, like anything else. But if you can't get in to both games there's no point in practicing it.