Question About Knockout Blackjack

From what I gather the best thing about Knockout Blackjack is that you don't have to convert to the true count all the time. This is because you count the 7's as positive 1's.

My question is wouldn't this only be accurate if the 7's were equally distributed in the deck(s)? What if the 7's were clumped together? Wouldn't it throw things off?

revrac

phantom said:
From what I gather the best thing about Knockout Blackjack is that you don't have to convert to the true count all the time. This is because you count the 7's as positive 1's.

My question is wouldn't this only be accurate if the 7's were equally distributed in the deck(s)? What if the 7's were clumped together? Wouldn't it throw things off?
This won't really matter, at least not the way your thinking. The 7 just happened to be the number that changed from HiLo as it was the card which would most easily change and keeping the count a level 1. All the 2-7 are valued as 1 so for KO it doesn't really matter which card comes out and if they are evenly distributed.

Now the truth is the cards do have differing true values and thats what multilevel counting systems try to do. A level 2+ system value a 6 leaving the deck higher than a 2 or 7 leaving the deck. For KO this isn't going to affect the way you play. If all the 5's and 6's left the deck the advantage would be greater than a similar scenario with all the 2's and 7's gone but this is what gives a higher level system a higher expected value.

Not sure I explained this very well but if all the 7's come out together is not going to affect you much.