Question for QFIT on CVData vs. CVCX

Mimosine

QFIT:

I can't find your contact info, so either you can answer this or maybe someone else can. I really want to purchase CVCX to put the final touches on our collective Open Source UBZ count. Will CVCX be the right tool for me, or is CVData the right one? Nightspirit generated the correct index numbers using CVData, I rough guestimated them using a variety of sources and an excel spreadsheet and we now have our rounded numbers. so the real issue for me before i use UBZ is bet spread, SCORE, SD, expectation, etc.. oh yeah and all the ROR numbers under the sun. I know CVCX is the right tool for these last points, but am I missing something *crucial* that CVData has?

i'm really curious if anyone can weight in on this for me....

as always, thanks in advance.

Paradox

I dontt agree

If you are serious about your sims and you are investing time and money, get BOTH! CVData does ridiculously complex sims, CVCX is great and the widgets are fantastic, but it is limited. Don't sweat the money, get both. You will thank me later.

Paradox

QFIT

rukus said:
Norm, do you post under QFIT and NormW on these pages?? or is QFIT someone else?
I had intended to switch from QFIT to NormW. But the forum software seems to have its own mind:)

jack.jackson

For those of you smarter than me:

Whats the Major difference between the two?

Should a beginner sim user, start off with CVCX, before tackling CVData?

It seems to me you need both. Why else would CVCX be listed as a sim option in CVData if you didnt need it?

In CVData under Betting strategy is where you input your custom bets.

What I dont get, is how do you know what the best bet would be, for any given true count? Do you just keep experimenting until you find something you like? Or Is that just part of the territory?

jack said:
For those of you smarter than me:

Whats the Major difference between the two?

Should a beginner sim user, start off with CVCX, before tackling CVData?

It seems to me you need both. Why else would CVCX be listed as a sim option in CVData if you didnt need it?

In CVData under Betting strategy is where you input your custom bets.

What I dont get, is how do you know what the best bet would be, for any given true count? Do you just keep experimenting until you find something you like? Or Is that just part of the territory?

http://qfit.com/counting-cards-simulation.htm gives a generals description of the difference. They are very different. CVCX is far easier to use and is better for someone starting. CVData is vastly deeper. The betting strategies in CVData are specified by the user because they can include cover betting.